Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
djtaz said:
The admins have my permission to log into my account and check my PM's to confirm the below screenshot - there are no official release dates.

grog.gif
because of: I ended it with one fake e-mail post

I think if you regulary give the people information of the momentary status (thats what most of them wait for) people calm down read more and post less stupid stuff.

Sometimes I think some people just bored and/or frustrated of the absence of new info so they post something stupid.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
crazyguy said:
djtaz said:
The admins have my permission to log into my account and check my PM's to confirm the below screenshot - there are no official release dates.
Sometimes I think some people just bored and/or frustrated of the absence of new info so they post something stupid.

I think that is it exactly. People like to speculate
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crazyguy said:
djtaz said:

grog.gif

I think if you regulary give the people information of the momentary status (thats what most of them wait for) people calm down read more and post less stupid stuff.

To be honest i wasn't going to say anything and see how it worked out but it seems to have caused more aggravation than its worth with more stupid questions being asked so i felt i should just let everyone know about that PM i got quite a while back.

I know his intentions were good and it wasn't intended to be malicious in any way, but its gone a bit far now and people need to know that there is no official release date.

Also the December 23rd one is one i made up jokingly to make people realise how stupid it is to ask since no one accepted that answer and wanted an answer designed to their needs. Why ask a question you already have a set answer in your head to ?

The fact is , the new launcher will be released when its ready and its pointless setting a date on it - releasing before the bugs are ironed out will help no one.

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
djtaz said:
crazyguy said:
djtaz said:

grog.gif

To be honest i wasn't going to say anything and see how it worked out but it seems to have caused more aggravation than its worth with more stupid questions being asked so i felt i should just let everyone know about that PM i got quite a while back.

I know his intentions were good and it wasn't intended to be malicious in any way, but its gone a bit far now and people need to know that there is no official release date.

Also the December 23rd one is one i made up jokingly to make people realise how stupid it is to ask since no one accepted that answer and wanted an answer designed to their needs. Why ask a question you already have a set answer in your head to ?

The fact is , the new launcher will be released when its ready and its pointless setting a date on it - releasing before the bugs are ironed out will help no one.

We should officialy use the 3 magic words: When its done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another info because I was asked about it:

Instalation process of the v0.3 consists at the moment of 2 .dol files one installs a cios update (you will need internet connection for this) and one .dol thats the launcher.

I tested the cios install on 2 Wiis a new one without any loader on it and my old one with the v0.1 on it - both installations works perfektly - I didn't need to uninstall anything.

Remember thats just how to install it in this phase of development - in the released version it could be possibly give other ways to do the installation.

Just to make it clear you do NOT need dvdx to be installed.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crazyguy said:
We should officialy use the 3 magic words: When its done!
I'll go with that party line i believe - maybe we should all just reply with that from now on and someone may get the hint.
A flood of When its done PM's (to keep it off thread) to anyone who asks may solve the problem.

sandemann

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
Another info because I was asked about it:

Instalation process of the v0.3 consists at the moment of 2 .dol files one installs a cios update (you will need internet connection for this) and one .dol thats the launcher.

I tested the cios install on 2 Wiis a new one without any loader on it and my old one with the v0.1 on it - both installations works perfektly - I didn't need to uninstall anything.

Remember thats just how to install it in this phase of development - in the released version it could be possibly give other ways to do the installation.

Just to make it clear you do NOT need dvdx to be installed.

This is very useful information, was wondering about the installation process myself.
Thank you for the update!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
same here. pretty usefull information.
Some MOD should add the news to the first post, what do you think ?

I know its a different thread , but i have added it to the issues and answers section - its relevant to anyone looking for all the info in one place

QUOTE(waninkoko @ Oct 22 2008, 11:53 AM) There'll be a CIOS Installer for people without internet connection.

Thanks Waninkoko

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
djtaz said:
WiiShizzza said:
same here. pretty usefull information.
Some MOD should add the news to the first post, what do you think ?

I know its a different thread , but i have added it to the issues and answers section - its relevant to anyone looking for all the info in one place

Well done dude.

QUOTE(waninkoko @ Oct 22 2008, 12:53 PM)
There'll be a CIOS Installer for people without internet connection.

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bambam95 said:
How do I uninstall older versions of cios
  • you can use the cIOS uninstaller in my sig.
  • If you have installed the rev5 cIOS from waninkoko, you should use the anytitledeleter and delete cIOS249
  • If you have a patchmii cIOS clone installed, just use that installer again. This time it gives you the option to uninstall.
Well, of course you can use AnyTitleDeleter in any case. You can also delete everything on your console with it.
So, becarefull if you don't know what you are doing!

//EDIT
Can't tell anything about the uninstall process of the up comming loader v0.3 or the cIOS that it uses.

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
bambam95 said:
How do I uninstall older versions of cios

Dude you should realy use the search function...

Use that:
AnyTitleDeleter - link by WiiShizzza

EDIT: I am to slow

WiiShizzza said:
QUOTE(bambam95 @ Oct 22 2008, 01:25 PM) How do I uninstall older versions of cios
  • you can use the cIOS uninstaller in my sig.
  • If you have installed the rev5 cIOS from waninkoko, you should use the anytitledeleter and delete cIOS249
  • If you have a patchmii cIOS clone installed, just use that installer again. This time it gives you the option to uninstall.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Gaisuto said:
Wiigator told me in a PM that he gave nobody any November date. So what goes on?

Probably release will be sooner (and I think WiiGator wanted to release it asap after testing everything). But who knows what will happen...
good to hear, thanks for the update

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
appreciate all the update posts. that should help calm down a lot of folks. i want to clarify this. based on crazyguy's update, can we say that "if ANY patched game works, then its unpatched version will work too"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?