Hacking Backing up Metroi Prime Trilogy

njuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I hope some of you genius' can help me out with a small problem I have. Ive had my Wii since around 2008 and not really touched it for about a year. I had the USB Config installed but obvisouly is now out of date. I recently got a batch of new games from a mate and managed to backup some recent games such DKC returns and Black Ops. Following various guides I managed to get then working by updating IOS' etc, whilst still leaving my system on 3.2E. I'm not really keen on updating to 4.2 using Modmii 'cause I believe in if it ain't broke don't fix. Plus there's no features that I really want in the newer firmwares.

Anyway onto my problem. I have just bought Metroid Prime Trilogy and for some reason it will not install through the USB Conf. I always seem to get the (ret = -2) error. I've been trying to find a solution all day and can only seem to find issues with the Alt.Dol. I have updated the USB conf loader to the latest version, running a WD USB drive with NTFS filesystem.

The main reason this has me stumped is because the disc will run from the disc channel. Apart from the noise coming from the disc spinning, the game runs fine but for some reason in USB Conf Loader it won't load. I gather from what I've read I think this is an issue with IOS'. I have run syscheck but I'm unsure of what it's telling me exactly. Hopefully this is just a case of installing a missing Wad.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 516): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 260): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 517): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5

EDIT: I've also tried USB Loader GX and an error occurred "Could Not open Disc".

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have no error message? You could install IOS58 using the IOS58 Installer and use CleanRip to install the game. With cleanrip you can copy the game from your wii directly to the USB HDD. Configurable USB Loader will detect the file and play the game.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I'm surprised your having a problem. I actually use the much insulted USB Loader GX but it does not compare to CFG for installing games. Maybe worth trying another loader just for the install!

Also man those Trucha Bug IOS you got may be the problem. Maybe you can update them without updating your System Menu. I'm still at 4.2!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Look at the disc real good. I got a second-hand copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution from Gamestop.
Looked flawless at first. When I got it home and took it out, there was hardly a smooth spot on it.
Tried ripping, but both CFG Loader and CleanRip gave errors.

In order of what I think will solve the problem:

1) Make sure your drive has enough free space.
2) Install IOS58 and use CleanRip.
3) Get another disc.
4) Update to 4.3.1.
5) Restore your IOS files to unpatched states (except for your cIOS files, of course.)
6) Use IOS222.

That's all I've got.

njuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I think I have a bit of progress. I've managed to install IOS58 and updated the HBC to use IOS58. Tried Cleanrip and it froze three out of three times. Tried it in the disc channel and the game has now stopped loading, showing there is a disc error etc. It seems to be an intermitant fault as I tried about ten times and it would work on and off. I think my dvd drive is on the way out. Due to the age of the console I think it may have the issue with older machines running dual-layer discs.

Anyway at the minute (after trying clean rip over and over) it has now started to rip the full disc instead of freezing.

Thanks for all you help, at least it's saved me downloading a backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare