Backed up Disks and labels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by brasscorpion, May 31, 2009.

1. brasscorpion
    OP

brasscorpion Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    Hey all,

Have a quick question here. Do any of you know whether or not labels will screw up a backup disk for the Wii?

I am guessing not, but before I start to print out labels (using laserjet) and stick them onto my DVD-r disks I thought I would just see if anyone has done this our has had a bad experience doing this.

Thanks in advance

2. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

I wouldn't advise it seeing as labels could come unstuck whilst in the machine...
    I guess it should be ok though... maybe.

3. supermodchips

supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2009
    I used to us ethem and although I have had no issues, I cant help but think that one day, something will happen. I would suggest getting the actual dvds that you can print onto (as well as the special printer). This makes them look really professional without anything going wrong.

4. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    My friend used to do it until he started getting disc errors on all his discs with labels. He started using lightscribe discs instead and it has been working fine since.

5. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    I'd reccomend using CD Markers over Labels, they'll cause far less trouble (If any)

6. sl33p

sl33p GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    A sticker label also increases the weight of the disc. This puts slightly more stress on the drive motor which may or may not reduce the life of the drive. You're better off just using a marker to label your discs.

7. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    Or just use the USB loader and not have any worries! [​IMG]

8. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Im a fan of labels but I wont lie and say that I have not had my issues with them. If you're going to use labels then follow these guidelines.

1) always use the thinnest labels possible. Yes, I have used multiple brands of labels and I can definitely tell you that different labels come with different levels of thickness.

2) Make your labels FULL SIZED. Some labels like to cut off the inner area of the disc. Find labels that offer full disc covering, trust me, you get less Disc Read Errors that way.

3) Dont be afraid to "push" in or "tug" out your disc... regardless of how thin the label is, the insert/withdraw part of using your disc will be a bit tight

4) ALWAYS center your disc label! Less chance of a Disc Read Error.

9. BillandAlisha

BillandAlisha GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    Michigan
    I use lightscribe.

10. SirTempest

SirTempest GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2009
    Gambia, The
    or just use printable discs. put them in the printer, print on the surface and be happy