Back Up Loaders Can't See My HDD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by matt1tude, Jun 7, 2014.

1. matt1tude
    OP

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    Hiya, Been having a problem try to get back up loaders working on vwii. I have a hard drive that formatted to ntfs, i've used back up manager to add a game to the hard drive within the wbfs folder. However no back up loader i've tried seems to register it as being plugged in. I can use wiimc with the same hard drive with no issues, so the console is aware it's connected. As far as i'm aware my ios' are up to date.

2. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

Don't you have to format the drive using WBFS Manager as a WBFS drive? I don't think just adding a folder titled "WBFS" is going to work.

3. matt1tude
    OP

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    No Wii Back up manager added the WBFS folder when i was backing up a game to the HDD using that. It was method i used on my original Wii and it worked just fine.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    WBFS partition format is long abandoned, now FAT32 and NTFS are working fine (even Ext.2-3-4 partition) . games are placed in a /wbfs/ folder.
    WBFS partition shouldn't be recommended to users anymore.

Huntereb likes this.
  5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

I still use it on my Wii. :rofl2: I doubt I'll update any time soon considering how well it works, and I never use my Wii anymore.