Hacking Back Up Loaders Can't See My HDD

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, Been having a problem try to get back up loaders working on vwii. I have a hard drive that formatted to ntfs, i've used back up manager to add a game to the hard drive within the wbfs folder. However no back up loader i've tried seems to register it as being plugged in. I can use wiimc with the same hard drive with no issues, so the console is aware it's connected. As far as i'm aware my ios' are up to date.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, Been having a problem try to get back up loaders working on vwii. I have a hard drive that formatted to ntfs, i've used back up manager to add a game to the hard drive within the wbfs folder. However no back up loader i've tried seems to register it as being plugged in. I can use wiimc with the same hard drive with no issues, so the console is aware it's connected. As far as i'm aware my ios' are up to date.

Don't you have to format the drive using WBFS Manager as a WBFS drive? I don't think just adding a folder titled "WBFS" is going to work.

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No Wii Back up manager added the WBFS folder when i was backing up a game to the HDD using that. It was method i used on my original Wii and it worked just fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't you have to format the drive using WBFS Manager as a WBFS drive? I don't think just adding a folder titled "WBFS" is going to work.
WBFS partition format is long abandoned, now FAT32 and NTFS are working fine (even Ext.2-3-4 partition) . games are placed in a /wbfs/ folder.
WBFS partition shouldn't be recommended to users anymore.

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
WBFS partition format is long abandoned, now FAT32 and NTFS are working fine (even Ext.2-3-4 partition) . games are placed in a /wbfs/ folder.
WBFS partition shouldn't be recommended to users anymore.

I still use it on my Wii. :rofl2: I doubt I'll update any time soon considering how well it works, and I never use my Wii anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)