Hacking Baby Blue Cyan only during boot of CFW (EMUMMC)

pnpboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I attempted to up upgrade my switch firmware from 9.1 to 10.3 using ChoiDujourNX and im unsure what went wrong but now when I boot up EmuMMC, it goes to a blue cyan screen after the Kosmos boot screen.

I have successfully used ChoiDujourNX before as I used it to upgrade from 6.0 to 9.1 without issue. I did all the steps as outlined in the most recent instructions listed on here switch homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade

When I boot into CFW (SYSNAND) & Stock (SYSNAND), it boots perfectly fine, but for some reason in Settings >System > Current Version, it still shows 9.1.0 for both.

Switch Details:
  • 9.1.0 | AMS 0.10.4 | S
  • Hekate 5.2.1
  • Kosmos 15.3
  • Unpatched Switch.

I have the following backups that were created after I originally upgraded from 6.0 to 9.1:
  • prod.keys
  • title.keys
  • My backup folder which consist of a BOOT0, BOOT1 & 14 rawnand.bin files.

Would this be a case where I would have to restore my nand? If so could someone link me to a easy to understand and follow guide that shows me how to do it?

Also if I find restoring my nand to intimidating, could I just back up the emuMMC folder and perform a fresh install with Atmosphere since Kosmos support has ended?

Would all my save files and what nots stay intact? (specially my animal crossing save)

Thank you!

EDIT:

A user on another forum pointed out that I had installed the firmware update as an exFat when I should of selected Fat32 (what the SD card if formatted as)

He mentioned to back up the SD card and reformat the partition as exFat. Afterwards I should move all the files back on the SD card and try to boot up Emummc.

Last edited by pnpboi,

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A user on another forum pointed out that I had installed the firmware update as an exFat when I should of selected Fat32 (what the SD card if formatted as)

He mentioned to back up the SD card and reformat the partition as exFat. Afterwards I should move all the files back on the SD card and try to boot up Emummc.

Well hate to say this that user is wrong. The exfat version HAS the fat32 in it as thsts the base. Exfat is a small patch added.
For the error try this as someone on reddit tried

1.) make sure your dock is plugged into the wall and your tv

2.) Hold the power button down for 12 seconds till it turns off (hard reset)

3.) immediately put your switch into the dock (and i mean no more that 1-2 seconds after)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...