Hacking Autobooting an nds file

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway to autboot a .nds file so that it starts automatically and not first going to the akAIO menu and then starting, basically i want to load this homebrew without even see ing teh akIAO menu for one sec, just when i select my ak after the blue loading it should be there.In MAIO i remember moonshell would boot like that so can i do it now with a different homebrew?

Dionysus

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if that was possible..how would you return to the menu(when u wanted to) if the ROM was automatically booted?

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe you could replace the menu .nds with some sort of forwarder to the game .nds? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but hope this helps a bit
tongue.gif

Edit:
Oh, I just thought about this. Couldn't you just rename the game to akmenu4.nds? You would not have any menu anymore, but it might work?

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MrDiesel said:
Maybe you could replace the menu .nds with some sort of forwarder to the game .nds? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but hope this helps a bit
tongue.gif

Edit:
Oh, I just thought about this. Couldn't you just rename the game to akmenu4.nds? You would not have any menu anymore, but it might work?
it doesnt
frown.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well, there is another way out. insert your sd to pc. delete lastsave.ini and the akAIO will load normally. but remember! if you don't change the options to normal again (auto-booting) it will load the rom that you select.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Lol I just uses Xenon++'s inilink as my akmenu4.nds (links me to AKAIO, Moonshell2, DSOrganize, DiagnoSe, and then because I couldn't think of any other useful thing to link me to, some other random homebrew xD).
Wait where do you get that inilink?
Can you tell me how to use it?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol I misremembered the name of the file. It's the favlauncher xD. Anyways, you can find a link to his files here:
http://gbatemp.net/t208136-moonshell2tools...l-link-launcher

His website also has links to the other dev things he has played around with xD.
As for how to use it...well it's pretty self-explanatory, but all you do is put the favlauncher.ini in the root of the mSD and rename the favlauncher.nds to akmenu4.nds (rename the akaio akmenu4.nds as akaio or aio or whatever you want and put it somewhere safe on the mSD). Then just edit the favlauncher to have the filepath to the homebrew you want (and the renamed AKAIO if you want to be able to boot to that as well).

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn is correct. If you are using AKAIO (and you should be) all you do is Enable Autorun in System Options. This will Autorun the last ROM played. Soft-Reset will still Autorun. When you want to bypass the autorun, press the B button when starting the Acekard. You can then run a different ROM (which will be Autorun next time) or disable the Autorun option in System Options.

BTW, this is all covered in the AKAIO wiki. Direct link to Autorun section is:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#.28Tab_...t_Patch_Options

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait so say i rename the homebrew file to akmenu4.nds then i rename akaio to akaio.nds what should i change the favloader.ini too also where do i put it?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Wait so say i rename the homebrew file to akmenu4.nds then i rename akaio to akaio.nds what should i change the favloader.ini too also where do i put it?
You don't have to change the favlauncher.ini to a different name and you can just leave it in the root of the mSD, though if it bothers you like it does me, you could use a hex editor like HxDen to change the text-string "favlauncher.ini" to something else (I changed it to __aio/sysbt.ini) and just make sure that the actual .ini is renamed correctly and in the right directory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE