arm decompiler released (for IDA)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zecoxao, Aug 20, 2014.

1. zecoxao
    OP

zecoxao GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2013
    not pointing out where to look for. however i assume this would help the scene tremendously, since 3ds is arm, right?

edit2:removed link

Coto likes this.
  2. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    could you not use arm-linux-objdump...?

3. zecoxao
    OP

zecoxao GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2013
    well, when you have a tool that directly tells you the pseudo-code without needing any reverse engineeering skills. that eases up the process immensely :)

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Why would you not be able to link it up? Decompilers are fine to link up as long as they do not break other rules.

Anyway I would be curious to see what goes. If you have it and a copy of IDA to hand then please try it with the princess maker game on the DS that came with the source code left in. I would not mind seeing how close it gets.

zecoxao likes this.
  5. zecoxao
    OP

zecoxao GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2013
    ok, sure. got a link for that? :)
    edit: i posted the link as permitted. and the release group is the same one as the one who released IDA 6.5 ;)

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Princess maker? It is a commercial ROM but the devs left in the source code for it (or the source code that they made -- the DS SDK used precompiled headers so it was mainly .c files).

cvn-prim4.zip aka Princess_Maker_4_DS_Special_Edition_JPN_NDS-Caravan was the game.

Granted you could probably use some homebrew to also test with but I reckon that game would be a good trial run.

Anyway I assume it is https://www.hex-rays.com/products/decompiler/manual/limit.shtml you are looking at. Looking at it I would say it is probably aimed more at IOS/android type things (the limitations mention 32 bit and float, the DS lacks the latter and I see no mention of THUMB). That said it is probably worth a look and I think my next systems to hack will either be android or some odd arcade stuff.

7. windwakr

windwakr GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It's a stolen copy of the official Hex-Rays ARM decompiler. You know, software that costs over $2000.

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Whoa, I thought you mean can I link up the original author's page. You can't link up pirated software like that.

9. zecoxao
    OP

zecoxao GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2013
    already deleted link. i was kinda dumb when you told me it was ok lol.

10. Relys

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    It was probably for the ARM 1.7 decompiler that got leaked today on exetools.

zecoxao likes this.
  11. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    Found it, going to test on a couple things...