Anyone use glyde.com?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by thorasgar, Dec 3, 2014.

1. thorasgar
    OP

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Pre owned game prices seem a bit high for the Wii U and I found this service. Prices seem really good but certainly it is a bit riskier than going with GameStop, BB or Wally World.

Pikmin 3 is is more than MSRP on Amazon and E-Bay! What gives?

I put an alert for Pikmin 3 on Glyde and was able to snag it for $40 on my second try. Hope all goes well.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Online reviews don't seem to good but it has a B+ from the BBB and is based out of Cali which are both good signs that it is not a scam although an employee said that

. I also wanted to point out that Glyde is an online-only marketplace that is made up of many individual sellers and buyers across the United Status and that we do not hold inventory or sell items directly. As such, we have the name and address of the person who listed the phone you purchased. They have been suspended from selling on our site, pending further investigation. Please follow up with us at service [at] glyde [dot] com so that we can take further action if need be.

And that part scares me a bit however other sites I like are 99 gamers(like eBay but it has its own economy system to prevent people from controlling the market and is used by gamers and collectors plus the seller has to pay shipping)

3. Kupie

Kupie GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    This site looks pretty nifty, really!

4. thorasgar
    OP

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I checked out 99Gamers. Looks really good, but not a huge selection right now. I will create an account and keep my eyes on it. It sounds like they really want you to sell as well, but I you can purchase "coins" through PayPal. I don't have many disks that are current to sell.

The glyde.com site was started by an eBay executive and is legit, but anytime you have direct transactions there are going to be conflicts, especially with phones. I have three purchases now and I will report back next week when I get them.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  5. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    While you can buy coins the reason they require you to sell is not to gain coins but to make it more diverse allowing for the site to have more games and to keep inflation of game prices down. As far as selection it isn't as good as eBay but its relatively new and I only learned about it from Metal Jesus in a video of his.

6. thorasgar
    OP

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Hyrule Warriors arrived and seemed to play fine. Interesting I first put in a new copy of smash to update to 5.2 then HW did a short one minute update, not sure what it did.

My pre-owned copy of NSMB U I received from GameStop.com was "invalid disk". Fortunately have one close by and they exchanged it and actually gave me a few dollars off. So it was only $31.

Have Pikmin 3 and LEGO City Undercover arriving the next couple of days.

7. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Sounds good I'll think I'll use that site next time

8. thorasgar
    OP

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Update: my other two games arrived and played just fine. The prices right now seem a bit higher than in November but that is to be expected. I love that you can set a price alert. I have lowballed a bunch of them and will see what pops after the holidays.

Thrilled I got Pikmin 3 for for $37 delivered.

9. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Personally the 26th will probably be the best time to buy if you can wait till after xmas