Anyone have experience in Rooting a Kindle Fire?

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to add the play store to my kindle any followed a guide but even though it appeared to work. (It said the process was complete) the play store never showed up. So I play to factory reset my kindle and retry but I want to try a different guide. Anyone done this and if so what guide did you use?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Bear in mind the play store may still display compatibility issues with and without root thanks to new DRM and you need an older firmware to root.

For Fire 7 hack related stuff, I usually go to:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general

Just be careful.

Sorry to ask but can this be done on nvidia shield TV?

The play store that comes on it is some weird sandboxed version with about 1/5 the apps of the true store.

Thanks in advance!

When I had a Shield, I usually found myself either using the web play store to install apps or sideloading.

Main issue with apps is that they may not have remote/controller support so you'd have to use the mouse/touch emulator on the gamepad.

Reactions: KiiWii
D

Deleted User

I was helping my friend on this exact thing, if you on the latest FW, you can't root.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will my progress in games I get from the play store be saved? Like if I get a new phone and want to play my games with the progress I have on my kindle will they work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was helping my friend on this exact thing, if you on the latest FW, you can't root.
I don't need to root I guess. Whats the latest firmware BTW?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't need to root I guess. Whats the latest firmware BTW?

D

Deleted User

I would forcefully root it because why not?
Even if it bricks, you can do a quick backup using any software
"Pfft, I would force root it because you have nothing to lose but your kindle becoming actually un-usable"

What? No, imagine if this is the only device he has.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Will my progress in games I get from the play store be saved? Like if I get a new phone and want to play my games with the progress I have on my kindle will they work?
Don't know but it's worth a shot.

I would forcefully root it because why not?
If he bricks it entirely then it's done for. There's no easy one-click solution (KingRoot doesn't do the job unfortunately).

An advantage Amazon Fire tablets have when rooted is that all the garbage ads can be removed.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

If he bricks it entirely then it's done for. There's no easy one-click solution (KingRoot doesn't do the job unfortunately).

An advantage Amazon Fire tablets have when rooted is that all the garbage ads can be removed.
You only can hard-brick your Android phone then you can reflash it easily.
Unless you fucked up flash memory, it's a very rare chance of it happening.
Kindle runs modified Android which is bloatwared to death and Google services are completely removed.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Unless you fucked up flash memory, it's a very rare chance of it happening.
I actually did this once to a phone and I tried to get it working again, and even paid for a service (got refunded thankfully). In the end it was just a brick.
Kindle runs modified Android which is bloatwared to death and Google services are completely removed.
I've looked up how to root an Amazon Fire tablet but it still looks like it could be harmful if I'd do anything wrong and I don't know anyone, so I just leave as is. Besides, it's not my tablet (has really low ram, imo).

Reactions: Saint_Kaiser

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did this once to a phone and I tried to get it working again, and even paid for a service (got refunded thankfully). In the end it was just a brick.

I've looked up how to root an Amazon Fire tablet but it still looks like it could be harmful if I'd do anything wrong and I don't know anyone, so I just leave as is. Besides, it's not my tablet (has really low ram, imo).
So im trying to install the akp files and it wont let me hit the "install" betton...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

So im trying to install the akp files and it wont let me hit the "install" betton...
Have you went through the settings to allow all apks to be 'installable'? After that you can install any apk.

D

Deleted User

Settings->Security
Check the 'Allow apps to be installed from other sources'
Accept the warning because why tho

If it's not there,
Settings->Phone/Tablet info
Tap build number/compilation time 10 times until it says you're a developer
Enable ADB debugging
Install .apks using ADB shell

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat