Question Anyone else experiencing games completely freezing your switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by hacxax, Aug 5, 2018.

1. hacxax
    OP

hacxax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Somewhere
    Yesterday i injected ReiNX (The bundle that comes with the Darth Meteos sigpatches) on my 5.1.0 Nintendo Switch for the first time. So far so good, it worked perfectly, specially with things like Freeshop.
    The problem i have been experiencing only happened so far with two games: Doom and Go Vacation. Both of these, installed with Freeshop, and both upon their first time booting up require the player to go through some menus that lead to it saving profile data. (Doom makes you agree with terms and conditions and Go Vacation just start a new game i guess). When both start saving profiles, thats when the switch completely freezes. Happens every time with these two.
    Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is there any fix or workaround possible? I'm conscious that ReiNX and Tinfoil and stuff like that are obviously still in development, i just wanted to know who else experienced this, and if they found anything useful about it.

2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    You could try disable some things that are not needed like layeredFS

Also you probably shouldnt use freeshop because it can get you a CDN ban which means you cant download games, game updates, DLC, and firmware updates from Nintendos servers

3. Gootah

Gootah GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2013
    United States
    Now the Switch is definitely taking on more than it can handle as a console in general; so you have to expect performance issues from what is, at it's core, a glorified gaming tablet. I've experience freezes in several games, likely due to bad porting or inadequate hardware (Mercenary Kings, Hollow Knight). But! You may have an SD card issues of some sort (try another card), maybe a a software issue (try SD Files instead of ReiNX?) because I've had no issues with Doom. I haven't played EXTENSIVELY, but I haven't had any issues with the few levels I've played when the scene first started.

Use Hekate and print your SD info, make sure it matches what you bought. There are also PC apps that do this check with a better reputation I believe, I forget what they're called.

4. hacxax
    OP

hacxax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Somewhere
    So far i've played Mario Kart 8, Crash Bandicoot NSane, Mario Tennis, 1-2 Switch and Bayonetta 2 without any problems, so it could be a software issue.

5. Gootah

Gootah GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2013
    United States
    But I don't think it's the games, cuz like I said, I've had no issue with Doom. Then again, I was playing the XCI...so maybe my situation has too many variables to compare.

6. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Ive had my Switch since launch and I have had only 2 crashes one was in Skyrim (its skyrim of course its going to have issues :P ) and one when I was playing around with mods in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and I have about 20 games, some are ports some are first party, some are third party exclusives.

7. hacxax
    OP

hacxax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Somewhere
    By software issue i mean maybe i screwed up something in my ReiNX installation.
    Also, XCI? Isn't that only usable on SX OS?

8. Gootah

Gootah GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2013
    United States
    Yes, which is why I said my experience may be varied. In short, I've had no issue with my SX OS + XCI of Doom. You have had issues with you NSP on ReiNX. Have you tried sourching Rom Menu for ReiNX and using the XCI?

9. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Try removing fs_mitm.kip from SDcard:/ReiNX/sysmodules

10. hacxax
    OP

hacxax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Somewhere
    Ok, before re-injecting ReiNX (i had to hard reboot) i'll do that

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

IT WORKED
    Thanks you magnificient stranger.

11. szczuru

szczuru GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland
    I have the same issue with Doom (nsp). Also i'm using latest ReiNx.

12. hacxax
    OP

hacxax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Somewhere
    Try the following that ZachyCatGames posted:

13. szczuru

szczuru GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2014
    Poland