Any Title Deleter MOD Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by loomy123, Feb 19, 2010.

Feb 19, 2010

Any Title Deleter MOD Problem by loomy123 at 10:50 PM (1,551 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. loomy123
    OP

Newcomer loomy123 Newbie

Russia
    Hey everyone, this is my first post so please help me if you can if i didn't do something right. I have the homebrew channel and uLoader installed on my wii 4.2u,
    everything works, and i can play games of my 500Gb hard drive. I got the uLoader installation off of some site (Don't remember where) and in the installation package was some other stuff like Dvd dumper, trucha bug, dop ios, wad manager, and any title deleter. I followed the instructions the site told me and succeeded in installing uLoader. So today I needed more blocks in my memory, and i read from wiibrew that it can save you some blocks by using any title deleter to delete channels, so i deleted news channel, weather channel, mii channel, and photo channel. i backed up the list with any title deleter (I don't know if it either backs up the .txt or the actual channels). Then right now i was gonna play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex [​IMG] (I bought the real game from a store), once i inserted the disk into the wii, the disk channel told me i needed to update my wii to play (Which would obviously brick my NTSC wii). I was stupid to backup my wii after i deleted the channels. so i'm thinking i should run waninkoko's safe 4.2 update, but i don't know if it will work. Is there anything i could do other than the update?
    I realy need help cuz i spent over 1000 dollars in games. [​IMG]

2. guitarloser85

Member guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just update your wii to 4.2 with dop IOS mod, there's not advantage to having anything lower and you wouldn't have to worry about games needing updates.
    Here's a guide if that's the route you wanna take:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

3. loomy123
    OP

Newcomer loomy123 Newbie

Russia
    I have wii menu 4.2u. The link you showed me only tells me how to install the backup loaders. I need to find out how I can update my wii without bricking it.

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The update is because the wii wants to reinstall those news/weather/photo channels you removed...

Block the update with priiloader or startpatch. Or, use Gecko OS to run the game.

5. loomy123
    OP

Newcomer loomy123 Newbie

Russia
    Can I use Gecko OS to run them? Will they actually run? And what do you mean by block the update with priiloader?

6. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can just run them with Gecko OS. All it does is start the game in the DVD drive (optionally applying hacks like cheats and forced video modes if you choose those options).

Startpatch is probably a better choice for blocking the update if you don't have priiloader. Get startpatch from wiibrew, run it, and apply the "Skip disc Update check" hacks.

7. loomy123
    OP

Newcomer loomy123 Newbie

Russia
    Thanks for the info, Techboy. I just installed startpatch 4.2. It fixed my problem, plus now I can also play PAL games and a whole bunch of other stuff thanls to startpatch.