Hardware Any third party AC adapters that work with Android?

DefineOutside

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently I am using a random lenovo laptop charger with my switch, since I lost the official charger. It works fine with TV mode on Horizon, but not with Android. Has anyone attempted using a different third party AC adapter with android? I am trying to troubleshoot why it is not working.

edit: I did some more tests and the switch itself is only drawing about one amp from the cable.

edit: I just bought an official nintendo charger, I am no longer receiving replies for this thread.

Last edited by DefineOutside,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently I am using a random lenovo laptop charger with my switch, since I lost the official charger. It works fine with TV mode on Horizon, but not with Android. Has anyone attempted using a different third party AC adapter with android? I am trying to troubleshoot why it is not working.
For the Switch I'd go buy another official Nintendo Switch Charger so u don't brick your Switch

DefineOutside

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Switch I'd go buy another official Nintendo Switch Charger so u don't brick your Switch
You can use any adapter with the switch. Bricking comes from using third party docks that send full power to the switch instead of using a separate chip that prevents too much power being sent. More power is drawn than the switch can handle to perform functions the dock needs to. Google "An engineer’s POV on the 3rd party dock Switch bricking situation reddit" for more information. Can't post the link as a new member.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte