Any News about PSGroove exploit using the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by earthworm, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010
  1. earthworm
    OP

Newcomer earthworm Advanced Member

Canada
    Just wondering if anyone happened to hear whether there is anyone working on porting the PSGroove exploit for the PS3 to the Wii or whether such a port is even possible? (since it appears to be being ported to every other device out there eg. PSP, android, SixAxis, etc, etc!)

2. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Meh, it might be possible. But to be honest, wouldn't that seem a bit unwieldy?

People have been porting it to platforms like Android and PSP and such because they're portable, silly! [​IMG]

3. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Question is
    SM 4.3 uses IOS80. Is this IOS supports USB devices in any way (usb stack for start)?

Wii have some amount of game exploits which works just fine.

4. earthworm
    OP

Newcomer earthworm Advanced Member

Canada
    Yeah, I know what you're saying and understand the portability issue but a great number of people have both systems set up at home sitting side by side [​IMG]

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Maybe the usb gecko can do it? But i doubt it's possible using the regular usb ports.

6. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing its impossible with the Wii, because its USB ports are in "host" mode as opposed to "device" mode (dunno if thats the right term, but hopefully you get what I mean) i.e. stuff gets plugged into them, they don't get plugged into stuff. If it where possible with "host" mode USB ports, surely it'd have been done with a computer by now. The reason it can be done with phones and portables etc. is their USB ports are "device" mode, not "host" mode, i.e. they get plugged into stuff, stuff doesn't get plugged into them.