1. YamiJustin

OP YamiJustin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Basically I much prefer playing GBA, DS, and GB games in pixel perfect mode, where they are displayed in their regular resolution and size and not bloated to fit the screen. But this requires holding the start button during startup between 5-15 seconds. Any method I can enable to make my 3DS CFW boot these games in that mode without me always holding the button ?

2. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    For GBA and DS you can use TWPatcher, but no idea about GB/GBC games. I guess you could check New Super Ultimate Injector and see if you could make it work from there.

YamiJustin likes this.
  3. YamiJustin

United States
    Thanks for the response. Do you know how I apply TWPatcher to change that setting? For GB games I don’t mind doing it manually because they boot up within 2 seconds but DS and GBA games take like 10-20 secs

4. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Download latest version from here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/twpatcher-ds-i-mode-screen-filters-and-patches.542694/), where it says "Download stable (cia)", and install the CIA.

To patch DS games, open the app, hold Y+B to access the patch menu, press A to enable "Invert START+SELECT function", press B, and hold Start. Let it patch, and after it's done it should tell you to press a button to close.

To patch GBA games follow the same steps, but hold Y before opening the app and keep it pressed until it's open. Let it patch, and now both DS and GBA games will boot in 1:1 pixel perfect mode.

Last edited by BETA215, May 14, 2021
    YamiJustin likes this.
  5. YamiJustin

United States
    Thanks. Strangely, I did the patcher and it installed yet still boots the DS games into full screen mode. Hmm

6. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Hold select while booting the 3DS, and enable "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules". After enabling that it should work.

YamiJustin likes this.
  7. YamiJustin

United States
    Thanks got it working! Either that was the issue or me not rebooting was the issue or both. This is such a nice quality of life for me haha even my r4 card will boot by default. I wish it did it for the virtual console games but oh well

BETA215 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - virtual, console, perfect