Any known US-exclusive 3DS games?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by LoS3OL, Jul 25, 2016.

1. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Hey! I've literally just joined the forums to post this as I thought here would be the best place to ask.

So I'm considering importing a New 3DS XL over from the US to play Yo-Kai Watch 2 (I live in the UK). My original plan was to find a way to mod or use a flashcart so that I could play imported games on my native system but I have v11.0 and to downgrade from that sounds like too much of a hassle (and knowing me I'd end up bricking my 3DS). It is due to the latter that I am asking about exclusive games now. Is there anything other than YW that would give me more of a reason to buy a brand new console? And if not, is it worth pursuing a way to downgrade?

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    It's not worth the import but to downgrade it's not too much of an extra hassle on 11.0, just an extra 5 dollars and another person with an n3ds or o3ds depending on what console you are doing it from and the extra steps only take maybe an hour or less

3. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Could you point me in the right direction please if it's not too much to ask? I'm hopeless with these things.

4. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    I was considering doing the same myself some days ago, but I'm gonna put CFW on mine instead (since I'm on an earlier firmware). Here's what I did though. I went to the wikipedia article linked to below and I listed the games according to what wasn't released in Europe, and I just scrolled down to see what games are exclusive. Now, I'm not sure if this list is complete but at least it gives you a good overview:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

LoS3OL likes this.
  5. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    The best most noob proof guide there is: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Look around the site and since you are on 11.0 refer to "DsiWare downgrade"

You may be spending a bit of money tho, first you pay 5 extra dollars since you are on 11.0 and then you need an exploit game like most people. You'll need either freaky forms deluxe, the legend of zelda ocarina of time + powersaves (replace powersaves with another hacked 3ds if you have or can be burrowed. And if you do then this is the most common and cheapest method) or MAYBE cubic ninja. (Not too sure)

LoS3OL likes this.
  6. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Zense likes this.
  7. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Almost forgot if on n3ds this exploit is a bit more complicated and you will need a Linux system I believe but super smash brothers

8. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Fuck. I don't have Linux?

9. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yeah rip I said I think though only 99% sure

10. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    That's quite a lot :L
    And there's no other way on the New 3DS?

11. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yeah you can use my other suggestions it's just that I ment that is EXCLUSIVELY FOR n3ds

12. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Oh so that's what you meant okay.

13. LoS3OL
    OP

LoS3OL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    Do you know of any video tutorials for this actually?

14. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    You don't need to install Linux, you can just boot from a LiveUSB, so all you need is a spare USB Stick.
    Boot from that do smashhax in the Live Demo, and then when you're done, there won't be any traces of Linux on your system.

15. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    No they are all outdated or bad. If you don't follow that guide you have a high chance of bricking and stuff you don't want

LoS3OL likes this.
  16. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    LoS3OL likes this.
  17. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    If you are just interested in buying an n3ds for the purpose of having one (and you are just importing a NA one to play NA games) It would probably be cheaper to just buy one locally and downgrade it. From there, you can region swap an emunand, or just use region spoofing (which I'm pretty sure is built into luma) to play out of region games.

LoS3OL, dogmarch and TheVinAnator like this.