CovidBryant

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a large sum of money, lucky me right? I'm thinking of buying a Xbox 1 S all digital. Cause I wanna play mmos(if the box has any).
I already have a PS4 & a Switch. None of them have any decent mmos to play though.
I'm looking for something like Guild Wars 2 (a game with a whole lot of content & interesting lore) and not those zoomer/millennial "mmos", where you just run & gun people.
Is there any good adventure mmos on this console, that don't require me to pay 1 of those annoying monthly fees? Cause if its a no go, I'll just stick to mmoing on my very average PC.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Phantasy star online 2 just came out? :blink:

Though honestly, I didn't know xbox one to have many role playing games that wasn't a port. But Sony and nintendo have a ton of them. Honestly I'm not a mmo guy, never liked the idea of paying subscription to play a online game (That I might feel forced to play more often than I want to from pressure of "Getting money's worth" of subscription)

But I always wanted to try phantasy star online. Hopefully it's not as bad as the classic series from the genesis era. :glare:

CovidBryant

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Phantasy star online 2 just came out? :blink:

Though honestly, I didn't know xbox one to have many role playing games that wasn't a port. But Sony and nintendo have a ton of them. Honestly I'm not a mmo guy, never liked the idea of paying subscription to play a online game (That I might feel forced to play more often than I want to from pressure of "Getting money's worth" of subscription)

But I always wanted to try phantasy star online. Hopefully it's not as bad as the classic series from the genesis era. :glare:
Phantasy Star Online is 1 of the reasons I was considering getting the boX. However I will not buy it just for 1 game. I hate the subscription nonsense passionately, that's why I'm only interested in a mmo that you buy once and its yours for good.
Or 1 of those free to play ones with cash shops. Though some of them are built improperly. Guess I won't be getting the boX after all.

Black Desert online is pretty much their major mmo, but you'd probably get more out of that game on PC
Tried it on the PS4, the combat was fun. That's about it. The game's story wasn't deep at all. I reckon you're right, PC has all the best mmos and therefore I should prolly stick with mmo gaming on a PC. Thanks for all your input guys.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phantasy Star Online is 1 of the reasons I was considering getting the boX. However I will not buy it just for 1 game. I hate the subscription nonsense passionately, that's why I'm only interested in a mmo that you buy once and its yours for good.
Or 1 of those free to play ones with cash shops. Though some of them are built improperly. Guess I won't be getting the boX after all.
Well Phantasy star online 2 is free to play. :ninja:
upload_2020-5-12_17-35-21.png

And yeah, I guess owning a console for one game isn't worth a investment. Still If you want MMO games, I think most of them is on pc. Though I'm not sure of the term "MMO" considering Monster hunter isn't a "MMO" but can be considered one due to the focus of playing with others, even if you're not obligated to doing so.

I played Phantasy Star portable, which feels like it was meant to be played with other people, but not required. It's obviously based on the online aspect of the game but done locally with people around you. I never really dabbled in playing online with other people like everyone makes it out to be so great. Just didn't have the right game that is fun and engaging to do it that way. But Phantasy star online 1 has free fan servers so, I mean still always possible to try. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1