Another simibricked wii-- bootmii couldn't fix it.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by giantpune, Oct 5, 2009.

1. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    So I have in my possession a Wii that can only boot preloader, HBC, elfs, and dols. Before the bricking, it had the latest and greatest cIOS installed.

So, what cant it do? I can't boot the system menu, no wiimotes sync, cant read USB drives, cant load DVDs or installed channels.

I have restored my nand with bootmii(IOS) and that didn't help. I have verified that it is not a banner brick by making a dol to boot the system menu and skip to the settings. It didn't work. The networking is fine. I can send dols with wiiload & download wads from nintendo fine. I have preloader, but if i install a system menu and that doesn't fix the thing, then it is a full brick as preloader is my only way to get to boot HBC/dols.

It is still under warantee, so if i could just wipe off some of the pirate shaped footprints in there I can just send it in.

Any ideas? Or does anybody already have a version of ADT or any upgraders that will work with a GC controller?

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    maybe its something to do with the preloader settings? it does actually sound like a banner brick but like you sed, installed any channels lately?

3. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    the bootmii nand.bin was it a good Backup meaning your Wii was fine when you backed it up??
    if thats the case, it could be your Bluetooth Module has went bad, which is replaceable or you need to use GCFIX to fix your sysconf, but bootmii nand restore should have fixed this up when you used it. So i'm banking on Bluetooth Module being bad. Best Guess

but re-installing the System Menu and Using GC FIX would be a good start,

Also have you tried booting the system menu off of a different IOS.

edit: And the reason i think its not a banner Brick, which the only reason i think this is because you said the WiiMotes are not syncing, Which would still happen if you unsync'd them yourself cause you can't re-sync the wiimotes in preloader.

Good Luck

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If the menu still works but the Wiimotes aren't syncing, then it might have to do with a corrupt/missing setting.txt

Search the forum for how to reinstall that.

5. Thomas83Lin

United States
    Gcfix like i mentioned above, but if that is bad the system shouldn't boot

you'll also need settings replace tool so you'll need both

but like the OP said he did a nand restore, So i'm still banking on bluetooth module. Well hopefully you get it fixed

alittle hard to find but here it is GCFIX

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i2ziyj2v1ym

6. camar3na

Newcomer camar3na Member

Mexico
    i had the same issue when i installed preloader on a 3.4 wii, i could not access anything but bootmii, hbc and preloader, i just installed a system menu compatible with preloader (fw 4.0 or 4.1) and the problem was fixed.

7. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    well i thought bluetooth doodad too. and since it is still covered to be fixed by nintindo for free, i just need to clean up the pirate tracks there. so i guess i need to make my own ATD that uses a GC controller. are there any apps that can clear out the wii message board? i have seen apps read it and have seen the old code TT used to write to it. But is there yet an app that can remove stuff from it, or does that need to be made? i'd like to get those 100s of hours of HBC& backup loader channels off there.

8. Thomas83Lin

United States
    Hmm you could re-install the system menu to remove preloader but after you do that, you wont be able to do anything else after you'll be fully bricked after that
    So you'll need a ATD and manually remove your Homebrew before installing a system menu to remove preloader, just remember after Nintendo repairs your Bluetooth Module if that is the problem they will then be able to see everything on your wii, Message board hmm not sure how to remove the logs, but i doubt they check but you never know. Oh and try to make sure not to remove all the Official Nintendo channels that might be obvious.lol. Hmm ATD with GC Support look around you might find one