Anime - Help me out!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I just watched Higurashi and Elfen Lied (whilst looking for more horrorish stuff). I liked Higurashi, although I felt a little out of place with the resets, but after a couple of them I was fine with it. I loved Elfen Lied, not so much for the artstyle though :P

I'm going to watch Guilty Crown now because my friends been BEGGING me to watch it for ages (he's the one who got me into watching anime in the first place). Then after all that side-tracking I can get back to what I've been meaning to watch; Air!

I'm still also meaning to watch Grave of the Fireflies, but I just need some time where I can watch it un-interrupted for the whole duration.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I finally finished off the Key 'trilogy' with Air. Man, that was sad :(

Then I watched Grave of the Fireflies. That was even sadder! :(

Comforter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, no Spice and Wolf? That's interesting. Basically, it's not your traditional fantasy swords/magic anime but it's more about a peddler named Lawrence who is traveling with a girl named Holo, a wolf, to her homeland, and their struggles with the Church. Its novel counterpart is absolutely fantastic. I've been hooked for the past few years. I only dislike it because it has a slow ass localization timer. :(

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, no Spice and Wolf? That's interesting. Basically, it's not your traditional fantasy swords/magic anime but it's more about a peddler named Lawrence who is traveling with a girl named Holo, a wolf, to her homeland, and their struggles with the Church. Its novel counterpart is absolutely fantastic. I've been hooked for the past few years. I only dislike it because it has a slow ass localization timer. :(

I just started watching that today, coincidentally :P

joelv6

Neku
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want something super short (5 min tops) and funny
watch Senyu
its funny as F*** lol so yeah even my brother thinks is funny and he doesnt even watch that much anime like which i watch a lot

another one would be fairy tale

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys thanks for all the help. I've changed the OP to include what I've seen and a rough scale of how much I enjoyed it.

If you have any further recommendations based off the new info (whether it's anime OR manga) I'd love to hear them. Thanks again :)

pls no battle shonens

School days B-)

I've heard some bad things about School Days :o

TheJeweler

Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it is by the same author, go ahead and give it a try I've wanted to read Gyo for awhile but haven't had the time lately

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I only watch dubs because i think you get more connection to the characters and plot if they're speaking your language so i can't comment on the Japanese audio of the following but the English versions are rank as some of my favourites that i think you may like. Contrary to you i didn't think much of Elfen Lied...try these (although i have a hard time grasping Japanese classifications of anime so if i hit a shonen anime i've no idea that i did so) I won't rescan this entire topic but i'd say you've definitely been recommended some of these already...

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimya is probably my favourite anime probably because of the characters themselves. I even loved the "difficult" sequence in season 2.
Planetes is another great tale with fantastic characterisations
Baccano - somewhat difficult to get your head around because it's nonlinear but it's a fantastic set of plots and characters
Durarara - same as Baccano but more straightforward. Kari Wahlgren's acting in this really sold me on the emotional tie, especially the final monologue.
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad - best music anime out there
Great Teacher Onizuka - this is one of those weird anime's where you start off unimpressed with it but after a few episodes (i think it was number 9 with me) you realise that it's actually brilliant. The characters really come to life. If you watched the dub of Bebop then the same guy voices Onizuka in this (Steve Blum)...no idea if that's true of the Japanese va (probably not)

More "actiony"
Ga Rei Zero - Kind of dark and pretty fast paced
Corpse Princess - sort of like the above but longer
Canaan - i really liked this but you might like it less. It's better than Elfen Lied though.
Black Lagoon - ditto the above. Revy is awesome though.
Birdy the Mighty Decode - another i really loved although it seems more hit and miss. It's a nice blend of sci-fi with slice of life

and on a limb (since this is a gaming forum) The Aegis of Druaga and the Sword of Druaga. An anime based loosely on the videogame but it plays fast and loose with it. The first episode is golden so if you hate that maybe this isn't for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny