Hacking An Exception Error Occured

delfringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I recently updated my 3ds to 11.7 and updated my luma to 9.0. Not sure how to check if my b9s was safely updated to 1.3 too but i assume so if my luma works fine.

I recently tried to get Super Mario Maker and Smash bros with FBI .cia files and i got An Exception Error Occured Processor : Arm9 etc etc

Wondering if this is normal for these games got i got other games running smoothly. My 3ds is the old 3ds i got from japan which I then region change to get it to english language, if that makes any difference. Anyone knows the cause of this?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently updated my 3ds to 11.7 and updated my luma to 9.0. Not sure how to check if my b9s was safely updated to 1.3 too but i assume so if my luma works fine.

I recently tried to get Super Mario Maker and Smash bros with FBI .cia files and i got An Exception Error Occured Processor : Arm9 etc etc

Wondering if this is normal for these games got i got other games running smoothly. My 3ds is the old 3ds i got from japan which I then region change to get it to english language, if that makes any difference. Anyone knows the cause of this?

Mhhm. I read, that games using extended memory mode are problematic on region changed 3DS.

Smash Bros definitely uses extended memory mode. Super Mario Maker… I don’t know. Try another extended memory game like Pokemon (ultra)sun/moon or Monster Hunter. If this fails too, it would be a strong indication for a problem with extended memory mode.

On the famous page:
3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

the last box on the very bottom states:

“Old 3DSs and 2DSs may need to format (using TinyFormat or the System Settings) to play extended memory mode games (such as Monster Hunter, Super Smash Bros, or Pokemon Sun/Moon).”

So… perhaps formatting with TinyFormat and/or the System Settings app could help. But: I don’t really know anything about region changed 3DS systems. Please create a NAND-Backup (always a good idea to have backups) before any destructive steps and get a second opinion.

delfringer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Mhhm. I read, that games using extended memory mode are problematic on region changed 3DS.

Smash Bros definitely uses extended memory mode. Super Mario Maker… I don’t know. Try another extended memory game like Pokemon (ultra)sun/moon or Monster Hunter. If this fails too, it would be a strong indication for a problem with extended memory mode.

On the famous page:
3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

the last box on the very bottom states:

“Old 3DSs and 2DSs may need to format (using TinyFormat or the System Settings) to play extended memory mode games (such as Monster Hunter, Super Smash Bros, or Pokemon Sun/Moon).”

So… perhaps formatting with TinyFormat and/or the System Settings app could help. But: I don’t really know anything about region changed 3DS systems. Please create a NAND-Backup (always a good idea to have backups) before any destructive steps and get a second opinion.

Thanks for the clarification. so its having a O3DS + Region Change problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up