Gaming Amiibo Meet-ups

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I thought about this, so since there's people who don't want to open their amiibos because it looks "bad" out of its box or don't have any.. How about coming around (that's what she said! lol) and unlock Mii Racing Suits in Mario Kart 8 for trustworthy GBATemp users?

There is the issue that one of them could always try to steal or worse so I'm not quite sure about it now that I think about it.

Just an idea to let out there.

Reactions: Deleted User

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way Nintendo is handling this is really passing me off. I am tempted to just buy them, unlock whatever content and return them. This of course would only work with the available ones.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold up... using the Amiibos unlocks the Mario Kart 8 stuff PERMANENTLY? I thought we had to tap them every time! Inb4 renting sets of amiibos out is a viable business strategy.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I know price goes down but I open and use them and they look great on display

2. This sounds oddly sexual

3. It isn't a bad idea but I doubt few of the members that are trustworthy live in driving distance

Reactions: VinsCool

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hold up... using the Amiibos unlocks the Mario Kart 8 stuff PERMANENTLY? I thought we had to tap them every time! Inb4 renting sets of amiibos out is a viable business strategy.
Mario Kart 8 once you tap that's it. You've unlocked the racing suits.

D

Deleted User

They probably work even in their packaging so just buy it, unlock content then sell for $70 when it's sold out

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
They probably work even in their packaging so just buy it, unlock content then sell for $70 when it's sold out
i doun't nintendo would be soo stupid to make the chip so close to the bottom of the box..
that way i would bring my 3ds to a shop, scan the ammibos and then good to go...
the nfc range is just a few centimeters, probably nintendo made the package with a big space on the bottom..

anyway related to the thread, if you just want to unlock game content.. you guys could remove the chip from amiiboos, glue it to a card or something (so it is not soo loose), and then send it to trusted gbatempers and we could create some kind of ring..

D

Deleted User

They're not stupid, they put a piece of tinfoil under the Amiibo so you couldn't scan it in the box.
Oh right, forgot about that. What about trying to scan it sideways? I suppose it wouldn't be close enough

I'm actually loking forward to the amiibo cards. All my amiibo do is collect dust in the one corner where they wont get sundamaged (or seen either) and I'm tempted to try and sell them. I'd love the cards as they'll be cheaper and can be stacked in a small box.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Oh right, forgot about that. What about trying to scan it sideways? I suppose it wouldn't be close enough

I'm actually loking forward to the amiibo cards. All my amiibo do is collect dust in the one corner where they wont get sundamaged (or seen either) and I'm tempted to try and sell them. I'd love the cards as they'll be cheaper and can be stacked in a small box.

Still nope. It's protected against such so people are forced to open them if they want to use their content.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, tinfoil hats really shield against "magic waves" ?? i thought the tinfoil hats shielding waves was a lie told by governament, so me and my surveillance paranoid friends would have a false sense of protection and we could be spied effectively

picture related: http://www.presentationsunplugged.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/catintinfoilhat.jpg

Never underestimate tinfoil. It will be your salvation when aliens come and try to scan you to use your clothes on their sick kart racing games.

Reactions: VinsCool
D

Deleted User

so, tinfoil hats really shield against "magic waves" ?? i thought the tinfoil hats shielding waves was a lie told by governament, so me and my surveillance paranoid friends would have a false sense of protection and we could be spied effectively

picture related: http://www.presentationsunplugged.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/catintinfoilhat.jpg

My friend once gave a Mario Tennis cartridge wrapped in tinfoil because they were wrapping it at the last minute, and had nothing else to use. I swear I thought the cartridge was dead, I couldn't use it until I cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser. No idea how that worked.
Never underestimate tinfoil. (Just like Brunho said)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My friend once gave a Mario Tennis cartridge wrapped in tinfoil because they were wrapping it at the last minute, and had nothing else to use. I swear I thought the cartridge was dead, I couldn't use it until I cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser. No idea how that worked.
Never underestimate tinfoil. (Just like Brunho said)

You just said what fixed it.

D

Deleted User

And how is aluminium foil related to it? :wacko:

I was afraid the aluminum foil did something to the cartridge, it's contacts specifically.
It could have been something else I did to the cartridge, that fixed it too?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was afraid the aluminum foil did something to the cartridge.
It could have been something else I did to the cartridge, too?

No, just dirty contacts. Carts are very solid, and never fail, even after being abused in any ways. There was a video proving my point too :P

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, just dirty contacts. Carts are very solid, and never fail, even after being abused in any ways. There was a video proving my point too :P

i rather not see the video, thanks.
can someone please call the police, he just admitted to be a cartophile
i lost all respect for you vinsnotcool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse