Hacking Am I Screwed? 3.71

DarthBane1914

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a second hand PS Vita and unfortunately the kid updated it for me (without asking). So now I been looking all over in the hopes of downgrading, resetting, or just uninstalling whatever I can to get my Vita back to a lower firmware... But I can not find anything. It seems this update just happened recently so I feel like I just got screwed.
With no info on what to do just hundreds of warnings to avoid this update (which again I had no control over) I now find myself in a situation where I don't know how to hack/jailbrake my Vita. Does anyone have some advice or links? Or do I sit on my thumbs and wait for new hacks to come out? And if I do have to wait how long is it usually for the new updates to be overcome?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand how so many ppl allow their kids get a hold of a console that they want to hack. Its the same story every time.
This may not answer your question the way you want it, but honestly you are better off hacking a Nintendo Switch since it completely replaces the Vita in every way.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a second hand PS Vita and unfortunately the kid updated it for me (without asking). So now I been looking all over in the hopes of downgrading, resetting, or just uninstalling whatever I can to get my Vita back to a lower firmware... But I can not find anything. It seems this update just happened recently so I feel like I just got screwed.
With no info on what to do just hundreds of warnings to avoid this update (which again I had no control over) I now find myself in a situation where I don't know how to hack/jailbrake my Vita. Does anyone have some advice or links? Or do I sit on my thumbs and wait for new hacks to come out? And if I do have to wait how long is it usually for the new updates to be overcome?
No way of downgrade on 3.71 or CFW. If you really want to hack it. Sell it and buy one and hack the firmware IE. Buy from a shop or market place where you get your hands on the console before buying.

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

DarthBane1914

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand how so many ppl allow their kids get a hold of a console that they want to hack. Its the same story every time.
This may not answer your question the way you want it, but honestly you are better off hacking a Nintendo Switch since it completely replaces the Vita in every way.
Well by "the kid" I mean the guy I bought it from. I looked into getting a portable console that was capable of emulating some older games, and I wanted to give some Vita titles a try. I just wasn't aware that this new firmware put a stop to all this. On top of that from most of the posts regarding hacking a Vita there was not a whole lot of mention of a firmware to avoid since there was a decent amount of options for downgrading. But yes a switch sounds nice, but isn't exactly a fix to my problem.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country

It only replaces the Vita if all you interested in is homebrew. It doesn't do the job if he actually wants to play actual Vita games or have PSP and PS1 games running well.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My advice: Buy another Vita that can be hacked (I recommend a 3.60 OFW version).

Or if you don't want to spend too much money, just get another motherboard on a lower firmware and replace it.

3.71 OFW is as far as of now, the homebrew killer. But not for too long.

DarthBane1914

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice: Buy another Vita that can be hacked (I recommend a 3.60 OFW version).

Or if you don't want to spend too much money, just get another motherboard on a lower firmware and replace it.

3.71 OFW is as far as of now, the homebrew killer. But not for too long.
Wait I can just buy another motherboard loaded with an older firmware???
EDIT: Just did some research and they are not cheap... I'm already looking at changing out the case and replacing the screen for 20 bucks, but a lower firmware replacement motherboard runs as high as 90 bucks. That'd be more than I paid for the whole thing. I spent $70 on it.

Last edited by DarthBane1914,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only replaces the Vita if all you interested in is homebrew. It doesn't do the job if he actually wants to play actual Vita games or have PSP and PS1 games running well.
Thats my point tho The switch can do PSP/PS1 through retroarch hell it just got PPSSPP support. As for vita games just about 75% (minimum estimate) of them got ported to the switch
update: but since money is tight for him his options are very slim playing the waiting game on higher fw support is all he can do that is if Flow is still working in the Vita scene

Last edited by MasterJ360,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the flow did say that trinity was his masterpiece using several exploits (all patched now), so he may be up for the challenge with 3.71.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats my point tho The switch can do PSP/PS1 through retroarch hell it just got PPSSPP support. As for vita games just about 75% (minimum estimate) of them got ported to the switch
update: but since money is tight for him his options are very slim playing the waiting game on higher fw support is all he can do that is if Flow is still working in the Vita scene

At least as of now PPSSPP on switch runs like complete crap compared to using adrenaline on the Vita. Also there are plenty and arguably some of the best vita games not on the switch. Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 and Tearaway, to name just a few off the top of my head.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least as of now PPSSPP on switch runs like complete crap compared to using adrenaline on the Vita. Also there are plenty and arguably some of the best vita games not on the switch. Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 and Tearaway, to name just a few off the top of my head.
He doesn't have to use just ppsspp to play psp games retroarch is more stable to handle them I been playing crisis core myself with the ui mod. The games you just mentioned are actually Sony exclusives which aren't exactly port material but b/c the vita has few exclusives thats exactly why its dead. If he only cares about homebrew and wants to be under a budget then sure the vita is great but for its exclusives not really I'm just giving him a better option for more bang in his buck in terms of console support as the Switch will continue to grow with more games reviving from dead consoles like Ni No Kuni (PS3). Anyhow theres little what we can help since the vita scene pretty much relies on Flow for higher FW support. Also both Digimon Cyber Sleuth games are getting ported over with all DLC.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc