TEODOR_MAX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hello Everyone,

I decided to release a tool I made a while ago "Alpha Channel Remover". Nothing "fancy" or "professional" but gets the job done.

Alpha Channel Remover Pre.PNG

This tool work with images with alpha channel.
  • It can display the alpha channel range along with equivalent transparency or opacity percentage (like in photoshop opacity).
  • It can display single image and option to display with alpha or without alpha channel.
  • It can remove the alpha channel and save the image to a desired location.
  • It can batch remove alpha channel from multiple images and save them to a desired location. (make sure to wait to finish the process if many images selected)
  • There's also option to create text file with infos about the images with details.
Download: Here Mirror: Here | Here

I hope this tool will be helpful to anyone who needs it to edit textures.

Cheers,

Last edited by TEODOR_MAX,

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Useful tool thanks, but why the full transparent or empty areas are filled with different colors? turning off the alpha in the texture parts its ok but the Empty spaces its a problem, its possible to cover all the empty spaces with white? or another color like fuchsia to remove later easily with background eraser at maximum tolerance without delete texture near colors?

TEODOR_MAX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Useful tool thanks, but why the full transparent or empty areas are filled with different colors? turning off the alpha in the texture parts its ok but the Empty spaces its a problem, its possible to cover all the empty spaces with white? or another color like fuchsia to remove later easily with background eraser at maximum tolerance without delete texture near colors?
I will add an option to extract the alpha channel. So you have the texture without alpha and the second only the alpha channel and combine it in let's say photoshop and try different things like blending mode, opacity, color profile etc.. and see what's work. maybe that will help in what you're trying to do.

Like this:
Image without alphaAlpha channel only
1b94b8271a08a3de-f60aa2ced57f94a4-00006654 (Alpha Channel Removed).png1b94b8271a08a3de-f60aa2ced57f94a4-00006654_alpha.png

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I will add an option to extract the alpha channel. So you have the texture without alpha and the second only the alpha channel and combine it in let's say photoshop and try different things like blending mode, opacity, color profile etc.. and see what's work. maybe that will help in what you're trying to do.

Like this:
Image without alphaAlpha channel only
View attachment 395675View attachment 395676
Sorry my bad english, i say everything its ok with the alpha remover, but there is a problem with the save, i mean, when i duplicate layer in paint net to get rid of the alpha, the empty spaces are "empty" the full transparent ones, and if i save in 32 bit maintains the transparency, this is the normal for upscaling, but if i save as 24 bits, (i use this for stable diffusion) the image lost transparency property and those empty areas gets a color, white normally, i remove that later by hand, in your app looks like is saved at 24 bit but the empty spaces get filled with different colors, there is not an unique color for the empty space, i show you with images:

1. original alpha on
2. alpha removed by layer duplication 32 bit transparent
3. alpha removed by layer duplication 24 bit, white by default the empty space
4. alpha remover app like 24 bit, but the empty space is filled with various colors , there is someting strange with the "fence texture" alpha remover shows a non existent thing in the others images around the fence, and the grass rectangle has a addition too

Attachments

• alpha on.png
    alpha on.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 9
  • alpha off 32 bit transparent.png
    alpha off 32 bit transparent.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 7
  • alpha off  24 bit  not transparent.png
    alpha off 24 bit not transparent.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 7
  • alpha remover.png
    alpha remover.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 13

TEODOR_MAX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Sorry my bad english, i say everything its ok with the alpha remover, but there is a problem with the save, i mean, when i duplicate layer in paint net to get rid of the alpha, the empty spaces are "empty" the full transparent ones, and if i save in 32 bit maintains the transparency, this is the normal for upscaling, but if i save as 24 bits, (i use this for stable diffusion) the image lost transparency property and those empty areas gets a color, white normally, i remove that later by hand, in your app looks like is saved at 24 bit but the empty spaces get filled with different colors, there is not an unique color for the empty space, i show you with images:

1. original alpha on
2. alpha removed by layer duplication 32 bit transparent
3. alpha removed by layer duplication 24 bit, white by default the empty space
4. alpha remover app like 24 bit, but the empty space is filled with various colors , there is someting strange with the "fence texture" alpha remover shows a non existent thing in the others images around the fence, and the grass rectangle has a addition too
Your english is fine :)
The image you're using or created is indeed indexed color image or a palette image with limited color and not normal image with alpha. This tool doesn't support palette images fully.
I suggest to google search about this kind of images it has a weird way with alpha channel. Btw I have never come across these kind of images when dumping from PCX2, can I asked from what game this texture is?

Playmulation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello Everyone,

I decided to release a tool I made a while ago "Alpha Channel Remover". Nothing "fancy" or "professional" but gets the job done.

View attachment 395548

This tool work with images with alpha channel.
  • It can display the alpha channel range along with equivalent transparency or opacity percentage (like in photoshop opacity).
  • It can display single image and option to display with alpha or without alpha channel.
  • It can remove the alpha channel and save the image to a desired location.
  • It can batch remove alpha channel from multiple images and save them to a desired location. (make sure to wait to finish the process if many images selected)
  • There's also option to create text file with infos about the images with details.
Download: Here Mirror: Here | Here

I hope this tool will be helpful to anyone who needs it to edit textures.

Cheers,
Thank you for this program, it has helped me a lot

Reactions: TEODOR_MAX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: