All RCMloader ONE's dead now?

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I have a RCM loaderB (the one with the clear box) working with hekate working PERFECTLY!! Absolutely perfectly. I can also launch Hekate from my PC. Switch is fine.

I wanted a spare RCM dongle and grabbed one online. Its the new white box version. I updated the FW on it (as stated to support newer versions of Hekate right on its site) but it WILL not boot Hekate
Figured, ok maybe a bad one.. ordered a second one from a different supplier. SAME THING. Both launch SXOS just fine but NOT hekate

Update to latest FW from the site (white box version) Pop latest Hekate on it renaming it to payload.bin Nothing. Will not launch Hekate..... DOA.

Anyone else have the rmcloaderONE (white box) with the latest Hekate working? Are these newer white box versions just dead and not working with Hekate anymore??

Thanks!

viper3344

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOUND THE SOLUTION ALL!!

After digging and digging and digging and digging I FINALLY found the solution.

ok so, the newer white box RCMloaders have a different EEPROM inside of them. It launches the payloads SLIGHLY slower than the first RCM loader. I am used to holding down PWR and VOL+ until I see a boot screen.....

BUT, because the slower boot on the newer RCM loaders, holding down the power turns the switch off!

So, make sure to hold down VOL+ but only TAP the power button.

That was the solution!!!

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
looks like RCM Loader One Plus is Worse then RCM Loader One B and btw you never have to hold power button some guides state that but its false and its best to just enable AutoRCM for faster boot

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are different rcm loaders? I only bought one for posterity. I haven't hacked my consoles, but it is in a clear case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou