All my the backup discs I've burnt give disc read errors!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MidnightR, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MidnightR
    OP

Newcomer MidnightR Member

United States
    I've tried using DVD+R and two different types of DVD-R. All gave disc read errors! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it must be something!

I installed cIOS 249 from that 50mb zip someone posted here and I'm using the backup launcher that came with it. I have Starfall installed but I still brickblock all the discs. I used the IOS patcher on some and set it to 249. I burn the discs at 4x. But still, no go on any of them.

What am I doing wrong?

2. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    sounds like a bad cios install to me had the same problem i reinstalled and everything was peachy from there on out.
    if that doesn't work try new better media.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Just get WiiGator's cIOS, if any cIOS works, then his.
    http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator

Don't forget the bitsetting when using DVD+Rs and if your burner is "new" (16x or faster) and your media is 16x, there is no reason to burn at 4x, try at least 8x.

4. MidnightR
    OP

United States
    I reinstalled the cIOS and I'm using his loader. But now the game disc can't be read at all. I used to actually load the game and error out after 15 or so minutes. Now it can only get past the warning screen.

I'm pretty sure I'm burning the discs right. I've changed my booktype for the DVD+Rs and everything. And since I've used three different types of media, I'm guessing it's a software problem. Or, worse yet, a problem with my Wii. But it still reads my original discs just fine. So I doubt that.

5. TriLLioN

Member TriLLioN GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What error is it?... 324? what? o.O

6. MidnightR
    OP

United States
    Sorry, by error I meant a disc read error.

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If your originals still work and you can start backups, but you get a reading error INSIDE the game, then you have a problem with your burns. (That's only my own conclusion, could be wrong)
    Do you use good media? Did you try a higher burning speed? Does your burner have the latest firmware update?

8. adocious

Newcomer adocious Newbie

United States
    It sounds like the drive you're using to burn the discs is the issue. I had a lot of trouble with DRE but I dropped $25 on a new DVD burner and the troubles went away.

Like you, I tried different media and different brands but kept getting DREs. Try burning a disc with another computer.