XP
Country
United States

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thats the thing...this Acer Predator (https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predato...d=1491390179&sr=1-7&keywords=acer+predator+17) Has the same specs...but honestly the alienware looks dope. But anyway, is that alienware the r4?
Correct me if i'm wrong but the alienware got the nvidia 1070, I also see the 8gb ram. It doesn't look same.
For that price doesn't seem to be high for a laptop with 1070, or not?

Of course a 1060 is enough for full hd gaming, the 1070 is a beast though but not necessary if you want to save cash.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to spend money only for a better looking laptop, knock yourself out, but don't say we didn't try to warn ya.
At least it's slightly better than the ASUS RoG series. Among other things, Dell Alienware has service manuals available for download, so you can actually repair it if something goes wrong. (I'm not sure if Alienware had service manuals before they were acquired by Dell, but they definitely do now.) ASUS does not.

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if i'm wrong but the alienware got the nvidia 1070, I also see the 8gb ram. It doesn't look same.
For that price doesn't seem to be high for a laptop with 1070, or not?

Of course a 1060 is enough for full hd gaming, the 1070 is a beast though but not necessary if you want to save cash.
Well, the Alienware 17 i have in my cart HAS the gtx 1060 graphics card, with 16 gb of ddr4 memory...the one i have in my cart right now is 1799$

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, the Alienware 17 i have in my cart HAS the gtx 1060 graphics card, with 16 gb of ddr4 memory...the one i have in my cart right now is 1799$
My bad, it's weird that i see the 1070 and 8 gb ram. Probably browser mobile problem.

It's indeed too much for the components, the acer got same spec like you said which you can save a lot money.

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, it's weird that i see the 1070 and 8 gb ram. Probably browser mobile problem.

It's indeed too much for the components, the acer got same spec like you said which you can save a lot money.
Yeah...I can see that, but what about quality? Do you think the Alienware with a 1060 is future proof for at least 2 and half more years? or should i get the 1070 card. Also build quality wise

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The question is why? Get all components yourself you can build your dream gaming beast with 500 bucks less...

I Build one last month, 500gb ssd, 1tb Hdd, 16 gb ram 2133, 1070gtx and I7 6700k, paid 1500 euro :)

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah...I can see that, but what about quality? Do you think the Alienware with a 1060 is future proof for at least 2 and half more years? or should i get the 1070 card. Also build quality wise
I think yes, I mean the 1060 can play at full hd max settings any games. About quality, if you mean the brand. I don't know as i never tried, I've seen some website that recommend asus rog.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    Veho @ Veho: It inserts a newline in a random spot.