N1nt3nd0gam3r

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the official loader thing? What does it do? And does the Akaio firmware have a built in rom loader? If not is the Ak2 loader the rom loader? Where can I find a rom loader if Akaio doesnt have one built in???

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Loader = ROM launcher. Yes it does.

Of course you could just put the firmware on your micro and try it out for yourself like the rest of us.

N1nt3nd0gam3r

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ I'm picking it up tomorrow at the post office so I cant lol...and thanks for the info but let me get this straight i need to get the ak2i loader to load roms? Once I have it where do I put it?

oh and which is the akaio loader on that link u gave me...the first second or third or which one is the best?

N1nt3nd0gam3r

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this isnt ur forum i can ask questions until my question is answered which it isnt so im guna ask again...which is the best loader on the link provided at the top? 1st second or third?

unclejimbo88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N1nt3nd0gam3r said:
this isnt ur forum i can ask questions until my question is answered which it isnt so im guna ask again...which is the best loader on the link provided at the top? 1st second or third?
You're gonna wanna go with the AKRPG loader, in my experience it's much more stable, and faster.
smile.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think what everyone was getting at was that a little bit of reading this forum (I spent a good few hours reading while I waiting for mine to arrive) goes a long way in the pursuit of knowledge.

You didn't mention what card, so we'll assume either AK2 or AK2i. The wiki is quite helpful if your card is one of these. I went step by step through the Getting Started section. After you get the AKAIO firmware on the uSD(HC) card, just look for the links in the wiki about Loaders and the WiFi plugin and follow the instructions and you should be fine.

As to your other questions about the official firmware/loaders vs AKAIO, go AKAIO. The firmware has a lot more features and the loaders are much more current. AKAIO = Official Firmware + The Awesome!

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I swear, they should create a forum called "Spoon Feed Me" where people are too lazy to use the Search button or look for an answer themselves. Anybody who has the patience to help these people and explain something step by step over and over again can enter the forum. It will prevent redundant questions like these from appearing in the regular forums.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Over on the CycloDS forums, there was about 6 months of n00b questions OVER and OVER. We started putting statements/links like "search first" and "here's the wiki" in our signatures. We even kindly put forum search results using keywords from their questions in our replies. I think they started getting the kind hints. But after that short wave, it died down and got back to normal threads. I suspect we'll see a similar pattern here.

One thing that might help would be if we could get child forums under Acekard to segment the threads. Have a moderated FAQ sub-forum at top. Just a suggestion.

N1nt3nd0gam3r

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank u so much rascal but a couple more questions...does the akrpg loader wrk with akio? where do i need 2 put it on my sd card? do i need another app to go on wifi with my roms? do i need anything 2 go along with with the akrpg loader? and finally do i need 2 insert a blank microsd in2 my acekard2i wen i get it so i can take firmware off? or can i just load with the _aio folder etc?

N1nt3nd0gam3r

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank u so much rascal but a couple more questions...does the akrpg loader wrk with akio? where do i need 2 put it on my sd card? do i need another app to go on wifi with my roms? do i need anything 2 go along with with the akrpg loader? and finally do i need 2 insert a blank microsd in2 my acekard2i wen i get it so i can take firmware off? or can i just load with the _aio folder etc?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're confusing me with talk of AKRPG loaders. I need to know what card you have before I answer you incorrectly. My experience is with an AK2i on both a DS Lite and a DSi.

Answers that are generic to any Acekard are:

1. AKAIO works with RPG and 2/2i and is considered the better firmware/loaders
2. I copied the _aio to the root of my card. The new loaders go in /_aio/loaders
3. I've heard of using dual loaders but have not tried on AK2i
4. WFC/Download ROMs work fine. Make sure you change your AKAIO setting to allow download play
5. Just load the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file to the root of a uSD(HC) card
6. If you installed the WiFi plugin into /_aio/plugin, you can update loaders and cheats over wifi

That's about as far as I can take this. I basically just regurgitated the Wiki and over a week of reading the forums to you. Read the wiki over and over and read through at least 10-20 pages of threads in this forum.

Good luck.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
zero383 said:
I swear, they should create a forum called "Spoon Feed Me" where people are too lazy to use the Search button or look for an answer themselves. Anybody who has the patience to help these people and explain something step by step over and over again can enter the forum. It will prevent redundant questions like these from appearing in the regular forums.

You made me laugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn