After JB game help?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi can anyone give PS4 games advice? After I jailbreak, Can I use any region PKG games? Does anyone have a good guide how to install and anywhere I can ask/keep updated on where the best sites are for direct downloads?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When hacked, game region isn't an issue to worry about, but keep in mind to know the Title ID so it coincides with the update/dlc content. Same applies to PS3 and so on.

P.S. Do not ask where to download games from as that's forbidden here though with a simple search you'll find in no time.

Reactions: azakhan and KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When hacked, game region isn't an issue to worry about, but keep in mind to know the Title ID so it coincides with the update/dlc content. Same applies to PS3 and so on.

P.S. Do not ask where to download games from as that's forbidden here though with a simple search you'll find in no time.
ps4 is region free even if not hacked. ;)

Reactions: ZeroT21

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for the replies, I wasn't after such links here, only places where I can be kept up to date on such things? I have some more q's: Can I play FPKG's which say backport 5.05 etc on 9.00? Do I need files called 'fix 5.05'? I can't play any labelled as '5.50, 7.50' correct?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't after such links here, only places where I can be kept up to date on such things? I have some more q's: Can I play FPKG's which say backport 5.05 etc on 9.00? Do I need files called 'fix 5.05'? I can't play any labelled as '5.50, 7.50' correct?
Sure you can, the backport was made for the older firmwares, but plays fine on 'newer' ones sometimes even no backport's needed.

To keep up with whatever of PS4 hacking, there's the massive AIO PS4 thread.

Reactions: KiiWii and azakhan

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure you can, the backport was made for the older firmwares, but plays fine on 'newer' ones sometimes even no backport's needed.

To keep up with whatever of PS4 hacking, there's the massive AIO PS4 thread.
1) So I can even use any labelled as '5.50, 7.50'? And what is 'fix 5.05', do I need it?

2) Also we can only play games up until 9.00 or after that too?

3) I can't play any games I had previously downloaded from PSN? Some have a lock sign and some don't.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Those fixes are I assume to make the game playable on those firmwares, if the user isn't on those then there's no need. I have used little to no backport fixes since I'm on 9.00.

2) Newer games have been backported to 9.00 and less, but generally you can only play games as long as it accepts the firmware you're using. Games on 9.03/9.04/9.50+ then it'll demand you to update.

3) You can, you can watch this video to give you an idea about it although it can now be done thru the Apollo Save Tool.

Reactions: azakhan

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Those fixes are I assume to make the game playable on those firmwares, if the user isn't on those then there's no need. I have used little to no backport fixes since I'm on 9.00.

2) Newer games have been backported to 9.00 and less, but generally you can only play games as long as it accepts the firmware you're using. Games on 9.03/9.04/9.50+ then it'll demand you to update.

3) You can, you can watch this video to give you an idea about it although it can now be done thru the Apollo Save Tool.

1) Wow thank you! so the fixes are just backports?
2) So we can only play games released before September 15, 2021?
3) Would you happen to have a link/guide for how to do so in Apollo?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Wow thank you! so the fixes are just backports?
2) So we can only play games released before September 15, 2021?
3) Would you happen to have a link/guide for how to do so in Apollo?
1) It depends, but 900 users normally can ditch that although with 900 becoming an "ancient" firmware there could be a need for a fix in the future.

2) Don't know, you'd have to check the minimum firmware.

3) Modded Warfare to the rescue :)

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried installing two different update versions of the same pkg from two different sources (using both methods), I removed all -_ from the file name, put on root of USB, went into file explorer on PS4, press x on it twice to install (nothing happens). (It says 'official' instead of 'fake'?) I tried pkg installer in settings and says downloading, but then when I go to downloads it says game not found. I tried without changing the name and then with removal of -_ it made no difference, it just pops with 'added to downloads, once it finishes, I click start install (from downloads) and it says 'can't find app, look on store?' But I was able to install homebrew store PKG without problems from settings. I need to troubleshoot and figure out if I'm missing any step?

N.B I'm using magicUSB but it shouldn't matterat all as the pkg shows up and starts the process of installing.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried 3 more games, same result except one (the others were all PSVR games) but I noticed another big difference, when I check them in file explorer they all said 'official' and the one which worked said 'fake', but I downloaded only from known reputable sites?

1) Could it be that they're all retail PKGs? Why would those reputable sites be uploading retail versions?

2)Also what are the requirements with names of the files, it usually includes _- so I delete those but if the file name is long and I delete part of it will that effect it installing?

3) I'm on 9.00, is it possibly not installing because it's '(Fix 5.05/6.72/7.02/7.55)' version? Should I be ensuring there's no fix applied to the file?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 3 more games, same result except one (the others were all PSVR games) but I noticed another big difference, when I check them in file explorer they all said 'official' and the one which worked said 'fake', but I downloaded only from known reputable sites?

1) Could it be that they're all retail PKGs? Why would those reputable sites be uploading retail versions?

2)Also what are the requirements with names of the files, it usually includes _- so I delete those but if the file name is long and I delete part of it will that effect it installing?

3) I'm on 9.00, is it possibly not installing because it's '(Fix 5.05/6.72/7.02/7.55)' version? Should I be ensuring there's no fix applied to the file?
Some sites have retail packages, so they might be. There's really no way to tell other than an app. Pkg files can be renamed. It gets the content and title id from the param.sfo, which can be read without extracting, so it doesn't matter what it's called, though the notifications.db records the pkg name. It will not affect them installing or booting however.
My belief is that it's actually retail, but they will not install over fpkg. Could be a remarrying issue as well. Games and patches have a checksum called the digest, which is why you need the base game when creating a patch. Obviously, the checksum will be wrong, so it will error at the end of installing. Games on 9.00 run with or without fix as long as they're 9.00 or lower. They will install regardless. If they are above 9.00, you will need a fix, but they'll still install. The sc0 portion can be read without extraction, so the system copies some of its files to internal hdd. The image0 requires a passcode, which we don't have. I think the system may get that from the license.dat from sc0. Anyway, the system copies the full pkg to the user partition, which makes up about 90 percent of the internal hdd. The sc0 is always copied to internal even if using extended storage. The system checks the checksum during installation, so if it's wrong, it will fail install. That's most likely what's happening.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Some sites have retail packages, so they might be. There's really no way to tell other than an app. Pkg files can be renamed. It gets the content and title id from the param.sfo, which can be read without extracting, so it doesn't matter what it's called, though the notifications.db records the pkg name. It will not affect them installing or booting however.
My belief is that it's actually retail, but they will not install over fpkg. Could be a remarrying issue as well. Games and patches have a checksum called the digest, which is why you need the base game when creating a patch. Obviously, the checksum will be wrong, so it will error at the end of installing. Games on 9.00 run with or without fix as long as they're 9.00 or lower. They will install regardless. If they are above 9.00, you will need a fix, but they'll still install. The sc0 portion can be read without extraction, so the system copies some of its files to internal hdd. The image0 requires a passcode, which we don't have. I think the system may get that from the license.dat from sc0. Anyway, the system copies the full pkg to the user partition, which makes up about 90 percent of the internal hdd. The sc0 is always copied to internal even if using extended storage. The system checks the checksum during installation, so if it's wrong, it will fail install. That's most likely what's happening.
A lot of that went over my head lol, but you answered my q's so thanks! In a vid I watched someone said to delete all -_ from the filename so I'm glad to know that doesn't matter and I don't have to mess around with them :)

I tested them in PS4 Package viewer on PC and only 2 of them (from someone on github) were 'official' and the rest are all fake, so if you're saying the fake pkg's aren't installing due to checksum error, I'm still confused as Ithey're from reputable sites and if they didn't install for everyone they would have long ago been taken down/replaced?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of that went over my head lol, but you answered my q's so thanks! In a vid I watched someone said to delete all -_ from the filename so I'm glad to know that doesn't matter and I don't have to mess around with them :)

I tested them in PS4 Package viewer on PC and only 2 of them (from someone on github) were 'official' and the rest are all fake, so if you're saying the fake pkg's aren't installing due to checksum error, I'm still confused as Ithey're from reputable sites and if they didn't install for everyone they would have long ago been taken down/replaced?
I'm not sure how it determines retail or fpkg.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure how it determines retail or fpkg.
What would the solution be, to just try the same game on other sites? One game was from 2 different sites (different update versions) but I got the same problem with both not installing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, 420 blazing get no scoped m8 +1