Hardware After I bricked my first downgrade..

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So, when the downgrade process first came out, it caused a lot of issues and a lot of hard bricks. Mine was unfortunately one of those few batches. This was before the edited sysUpdater that installed native_firm LAST.

So, I took a chance and sent it in to Nintendo for a repair. It was under warranty. The process was rather quick, actually. Sent it in, 3 days later it was shipped back out to me. Today, I received it.

Was rather surprised to find out the system was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but I booted up to see that Menuhax was still installed. O.o

..and yes, it shipped back with 10.3. I don't know who, but I know someone was going to ask.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: ZoneBlaze
D

Deleted User

This is likely because the Nintendo service people have access to just flashing the NAND of the device. They probably could just flash the titles required for 10.3 and call it a day, which would explain why MenuHax could live through that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is likely because the Nintendo service people have access to just flashing the NAND of the device. They probably could just flash the titles required for 10.3 and call it a day, which would explain why MenuHax could live through that.

It's a possibility. Just thought I'd share my experience. :P

Seems as long as your console is under warranty, they'll remedy the brick. Maybe..

D

Deleted User

It's a possibility. Just thought I'd share my experience. :P

Seems as long as your console is under warranty, they'll remedy the brick. Maybe..

I have a feeling you are at the whims of fate on this one - that is to say, you got lucky and got a service rep who just doesn't care about seeing MenuHax or was too lazy to check for modified files because it wasn't worth his time.

Also, their tool could just format the entire system and erase MenuHax if that system title is corrupted (I'd assume the theme manager).

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling you are at the whims of fate on this one - that is to say, you got lucky and got a service rep who just doesn't care about seeing MenuHax or was too lazy to check for modified files because it wasn't worth his time.

I could very well be. Which is surprising, really. To have it shipped back with menuhax intact makes me question a lot of things right now.

D

Deleted User

I could very well be. Which is surprising, really. To have it shipped back with menuhax intact makes me question a lot of things right now.

I wouldn't think about it too hard. It's easy to forget that Nintendo is a company, and that individual humans work for them. I've had Apple employees help me install jailbreak tools on iPhones before because they would rather me do it correctly than break my system. It isn't a Ninty thing necessarily. :)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't think about it too hard. It's easy to forget that Nintendo is a company, and that individual humans work for them. I've had Apple employees help me install jailbreak tools on iPhones before because they would rather me do it correctly than break my system. It isn't a Ninty thing necessarily. :)

Damn humans, messing everything up. >>

:P

Needless to say, I'm happy I have my stuff back.

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nuts. I bricked my n3dsxl today and was thinking about trying to get Nintendo to fix it. Online process won't let me do it automatically though, and I don't know what to say to a call rep :/
Give him/her the symptoms xD
"It won't turn on anymore."
"It's just a black screen."
"I'm bad with computers. Calling to help set up a repair for my son's gameboy."

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Give him/her the symptoms xD
"It won't turn on anymore."
"It's just a black screen."
"I'm bad with computers. Calling to help set up a repair for my son's gameboy."

The gameboy part is just gold.

That's exactly what my cousin said when she told me about the new videogame she bought for her son. When I got to their house it was a regular 3DS.

Reactions: ZoneBlaze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol