After Effects Render HUGE

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am editing a video in After Effects. All of the raw video files can't add up to be more than 5GB. I render as quicktime and choose H.264. But the output file ends up being about 30GB. Why is this? I thought this was supposed to be compressed. I can't seem to understand how it would be this massive. Does anyone have any tips?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you increasing the resolution by some manner? What is the source material like? 5 gigs is a reasonable amount of space but not that much for 1080p video (neither is 30 for that matter), and thus if your 1080p video is a bit noisy the encoder will also try to encode that noise again and leave you with a massive render. Similarly are any of your after effects settings doing anything fun like framerate doubling/motion interpolation, noise filters, something that makes a lot of noise on the frame...

What are your precise output settings? H264 says not a lot as it encompasses a whole range, starting from near lossless (or theoretically lossless) and going to hyper compressed stuff. Similarly if you have a minimum bitrate set it will play to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all