PS1/2 Action Replay MAX and PS2

chaofan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, time for another round of noobness, this time regarding Action Replay or other similar cheat devices for the PS2. I've looked around but can't seem to find the answer.

Because my PS2 is modchipped (as of yet, I do not know which one) I was wondering if it were possible to find an Action Replay/cheat device iso or dump on the net, burn it and then use it for cheats? I am unaware of what is needed or required to get such cheat devices to work... so if it is not possible then it is okay
biggrin.gif

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
When I got my PS2 modded around a year ago. I tried to find an ARMax iso but couldn't find anything. So I ended up buying it instead.

When I tried to make a backup iso of the disc, I had all sorts of problems with it no matter what program I used to create an iso. When I researched it online, I found that apparently no one's been able to make a proper backup of the disc.
So I tried using the original disc, just to find that it worked like shit. It would take forever to boot up. Then various menu actions would make it freeze. I couldn't change most options, couldn't update from the internet, couldn't add codes, etc. It would just keep locking up. When I emailed support about it, I never got a reply.

Then I bought Codebreaker. And so far it works great. I was able to make a backup iso and burn it without any trouble and never have any problems using it. In fact I always use a burned copy so I don't damage my original disc. And if I can make my own iso, then there's bound to be one out on the net.

Reactions: ma35xim

chaofan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that samutz... Just wondering, is codebreaker on a CD or DVD? I've had terrible luck when it comes to CDs, with my PS1 backups not working and an ORIGINAL (OMG an original?) PS2 CD game (Lego StarWars) not working. Any reason to why that may be, and if I were to find an iso of Codebreaker, would it work?

Thanks again!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a CD. I used CloneCD to make my backup.

I've never encountered the problem of CD games not working (PS1 nor PS2). But if burned CDs don't work, then I doubt codebreaker will work.

However, I did have problems getting a burned copy of Lego Star wars to work. I found instructions on how to burn it to a DVD, rather than a CD, and it worked fine with the DVD copy. The instructions are here.
I don't know if it'll work with any CD game though. LSW is the only one that's given me problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: