Hacking Actel chip: Causing wears on flashcards

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys

Does anyone experience wears on their flashcard due to the Actel chip sticking out?

I just received my M3 DS Real in today and just after a whole day of testing it, I began to see my flashcard's sticker wearing out where the chip sticks out.

I've been use to using the M3 Simply and R4 a lot so I've never had this problem. I hear that Cyclos, SuperCard One have the Actel Chip sticking out as well.

I was curious if anyone else has had this problem?
IF so which cards do you own?
Does it even matter to you how the card looks like?

I don't have a big issue with it at all but I was just curious to see how many people care about the subject
smile.gif

Jimmy

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My M3Real has the chip sticking out - but the sticker is fine. :S

I pushed my card in and out at least 200 times lol.

I noticed due to that it started showing some signs. I heard that the supercard one had problems with this as well and there was a point where the card didn't fit into the DS slot-1. Later the SuperCard team released a new version where the chip was shaved off to allow it to fit better.

I don't know about you guys but I think if they can do it with the M3 Simply and the R4 I think they can do the same for the M3 DS Real

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had the M3DS Real for a long time already, I am sure that I have pressed it in and out more than 200 times, and I see zero damage to the sticker...
I am guessing the reason for the excessive number of times you have taken it out is because the SD is on the side instead of top? If it was on the top I think you wouldn't have taken it out more than 10 times by now. >.>

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
strange maybe the batch I received was a bit thicker. It's not a huge problem
but I'm wondering if anyone else including other flashcards owner notice any wears.

So far I'm still enjoying my R4, as I find it a lot easier and quicker to use. I haven't explored everything with the M3 DS Real yet but I'll soon find out during my testing phase of the card
smile.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at real hot stuffs pick of the M3 ds real and by the looks of it the chip is thicker than the cart itself! I don't know if it is just the angle of lighting or what but here, look for yourself:

rumblegba.jpg

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats exactly how it looks for both my carts.

It's not a problem at all fitting it in the DS, it goes in fine. Doesn't slip in smoothly like the R4 or an original DS cart but it goes in just fine though.

But yes it does stick out a little bit if you look carefully. The slight edges of the chip can cause rubbing on the sticker and eventually it would wear out, I'm starting to notice a bit of wear on my sticker. But it doesn't bother me much, I'm happy that they are working right out of the box, thats most important.

I hear that other flashcards are the same way as well, the Cyclos, Supecard One all have the same problem with the Actel Chip sticking out. (I'm basing this information off reviews of the cyclos and supercard)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the R4 not have a chip sticking out?
If so why don't other flash cart teams do like the R4 and get rid of the actel chip for something that doesn't bulge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi