Hacking ACNL not booting after update.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just updated my animal crossing new leaf, and its getting stuck at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I have an A9LH'ed New 3DS XL, on 11.2, with Luma3DS installed as my CFW. The animal crossing is a CIA. Is anyone else getting this problem, if so, how did you fix it?

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have just updated my animal crossing new leaf, and its getting stuck at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I have an A9LH'ed New 3DS XL, on 11.2, with Luma#DS installed as my CFW. The animal crossing is a CIA. Is anyone else getting this problem, if so, how did you fix it?
Try updating Luma?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have just updated my animal crossing new leaf, and its getting stuck at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I have an A9LH'ed New 3DS XL, on 11.2, with Luma#DS installed as my CFW. The animal crossing is a CIA. Is anyone else getting this problem, if so, how did you fix it?
Indeed, and try also to go on the eShop page of Animal crossing, and download the update from the eShop. (or freeshop if it is available). I suspect a bad seed...

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try updating Luma?
Does the latest luma change anything relating to acnl? I would prefer to stay on my current version, as it has faster boot speed, but i can give that a shot later. Any other suggestions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Indeed, and try also to go on the eShop page of Animal crossing, and download the update from the eShop. (or freeshop if it is available). I suspect a bad seed...
It's already updated. Is it possible to update again? Is my save data safe?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does the latest luma change anything relating to acnl? I would prefer to stay on my current version, as it has faster boot speed, but i can give that a shot later. Any other suggestions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's already updated. Is it possible to update again? Is my save data safe?
Older CFWs (like rxTools for instance) don't work with the newest update. So updating Luma might help.

I just had a thought though. Are you using a firmware.bin? Or do you have a low firmware sysNAND and an updated emuNAND? The reason the ACNL update doesn't work with rxTools is because it doesn't support the latest NATIVE_FIRM which is required by the update. So maybe you are using a different NATIVE_FIRM which is causing the problem. If you open up 3DSident it will tell you your firm and kernel versions.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Older CFWs (like rxTools for instance) don't work with the newest update. So updating Luma might help.

I just had a thought though. Are you using a firmware.bin? Or do you have a low firmware sysNAND and an updated emuNAND? The reason the ACNL update doesn't work with rxTools is because it doesn't support the latest NATIVE_FIRM which is required by the update. So maybe you are using a different NATIVE_FIRM which is causing the problem. If you open up 3DSident it will tell you your firm and kernel versions.
I am on sysnand.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

So games have started checking the NFIRM version now? That is something new because they never used to. How do you check NFIRM from a userspace app (i.e. 3dsx, game cart) anyway?

kamen76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have just updated my animal crossing new leaf, and its getting stuck at the Nintendo 3DS loading screen. I have an A9LH'ed New 3DS XL, on 11.2, with Luma3DS installed as my CFW. The animal crossing is a CIA. Is anyone else getting this problem, if so, how did you fix it?

Found the answer to your question?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the answer to your question?
Oh, yes, it seems that an outdated Luma was the problem. I was in v5.5 before, which was when it didn't work. Although I'm happy it is working on the latest version, I'm kind of bummed out as the latest version of luma takes about 1 second longer to boot compared to v5.5.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, yes, it seems that an outdated Luma was the problem. I was in v5.5 before, which was when it didn't work. Although I'm happy it is working on the latest version, I'm kind of bummed out as the latest version of luma takes about 1 second longer to boot compared to v5.5.
The boatloads of new features will do that. But, honestly? I don't even notice a single second.

Derek T.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I updated Luma but it didn't fix the problem at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-