c0v3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

The card reader that came with my acekard broke and I was wondering, if it's possible to update the loaders and such over wireless internet, couldn't it also be possible (in theory) to move other files onto the memory card via wireless?

I have no idea how to facilitate this if it is possible, just throwing the idea about.

Thanks for reading!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is FTP Server (at lest in some form, NDS Backup Tool WiFi FTPd) and Client (NDS Backup Tool WiFi for starters and I believe there is a dedicated FTP app somewhere too) homebrew... so it would be very possible that way.

The only problem is, the DS' connection speed is pretty much capped at 15KB/s.
DSLinux's wifi library apparently can download at 100KB/s or 150KB/s, but I don't know of any other homebrew that uses that library (which is a shame, it's a 6.6x~10x gain in speed), so maybe it's not as easy to use?

c0v3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Thank you for replying.

So, it is possible, I found out that much but not in the way I was hoping.

There was NDS - FileManager at greenacorn.co.uk that would do the trick but I can't copy the required files to my micro sd card to make it work.

Is there an FTP client built into akaio? If so would it be possible to access it in the same way as the update facility?

I realise that this is largely pointless and that I should just go and get a new reader but it's an interesting problem to solve!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to have DSOrganize or Bunjalloo on your card?
I'm pretty sure both support downloading files, so you can browse to the page -- or better yet, make a very basic, free hosted site and add a direct link to the file like 'http://www.youwrite.com/greenacorn/jmedia/filemanager.nds' and when you browse you can choose save as on the links.

c0v3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately I have no browser on my card but it's a really good idea though.

Back to square one
smile.gif

I suppose if I were totally bent on getting this sorted I could ask the akaio team to replace the loader file with the filemanager.nds file for a few minutes just for me XD but that would be a bit mental.

Would it be possible to edit the relevant akaio file to download from another source?

Although, that would also be pointless as I wouldn't be able to get the edited file on to my card. Bah.

c0v3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's nothing wrong with the card and the akaio install, I was just curious as to the possibility of transfering files over wireless network, which is possible, just not with akaio by itself.

It isn't a big problem to buy a new reader, I was looking at it as more of a puzzle I guess.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Look i don't know how bad is the situation BUT actualy, yes you can update the firware via wifi, if you still have any version of the akaio on your micro sd.
turn the ds on,in the akaio menu press start and go to "More->" then you go to wifi update it will be some options and i leave then like this

Get whatsNew.txt
File to download
Which Cheat DB?
Previous Files

i duno if it helps but if it's only a case of firmware you can try this

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Legaia said:
Look i don't know how bad is the situation BUT actualy, yes you can update the firware via wifi, if you still have any version of the akaio on your micro sd.
turn the ds on,in the akaio menu press start and go to "More->" then you go to wifi update it will be some options and i leave then like this

Get whatsNew.txt
File to download
Which Cheat DB?
Previous Files

i duno if it helps but if it's only a case of firmware you can try this

This does not update your firmware! It only updates your loaders... As soon as a new firmware is released you are stuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1