Hacking Acekard not recognized in DS

hiya20001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm a long time lurker and picked up an Acekard due to it being cheap and everyone in this forum saying it gets the job done.

I just received my acekard from dealextreme today and I put it into my Nintendo Ds and it showed up in the selection menu. I didn't have the mem card in correctly so when I tried to load it it froze at the loading screen.

Basically I took out the acekard to refit in the memory card all the way down this time and when putting it into the DS again I heard some crunchy noises (which I read happens due to the ill fitting shape of the acekard).

Long story short, my acekard is no longer being recognized by my DS. It keeps hitting me with the please insert a DS card message.

I think the problem is the contacts not reaching the other side to connect to the DS I was reading about in other similar threads. I was hoping people could talk me through cleaning the contacts and potentially opening the card to do the "paper behind the circuit board" trick. I'm in the process of reformatting the memory card though I doubt that is the issue since I was using the microsdhc card in my phone with no issues. I'm pretty annoyed that my acekard isn't working after waiting so long and I might end up just buying a cyclods as long as its guaranteed to work.

hiya20001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purses said:
You can just put paper on the outside to push the contacts closer.

Can you be more specific? If you mean jamming a folded piece of paer behind or in front of the acekard while inserting it into the Slot 1 position, I have tried that. Still getting the same there is no ds card inserted problem.

The circuit board/contacts is kind of shifting around I guess, there's space for it to move around which is why I think it's not making contact.

hiya20001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is their customer service? I literally have to send it back before they send me another one? I submitted a ticket earlier but didn't claim it as Dead on Arrival, maybe I'll be able to update it once they contact me.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help you deliver in these forums Another world. I thank you for even answering my noob thread (the kind you probably see tons of).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn