OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I'm trying to set up my AceKard 2.1i to work with the Akaio loader. I'm new to all this stuff, and I tried using a step-by-step guide from another website. But this resulted in me being able to boot Akaio and select the games I want to play (Mario & Luigi: BIS and Kingdom Hearts DS), but they won't start up. Also, the USA version of Scribblenauts crashes after the 7th tutorial level.

If somebody could give me a decent step-by-step (or a link to such a guide) to get Akaio and the games stated above to work on my DSi.

Thanks a lot!

KennethNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
brissmas said:
Just a guess but the games might not be working because you dont have the latest loaders. Download from here just choose the ak2/ak2i link.
http://akaio.gbatemp.net:8080/nloaders/

EDIT: Put the loader in _aio/ak2loader

I have managed to get AKAIO 1.5 installed now, and it starts up fine. But the games just launch into a white screen. And the site to download the latest loaders doesn't work. Is there any other way to get the games to work?

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Download sd formatter, format your sd card and then reinstall AKAIO 1.5 (the _aio/ folder and the akmenu4.nds file).
Get the latest loader here and put it in the _aio/loaders folder (not in the _aio/ak2loader folder, it's make for use the official loader in it)
It should work fine.

omnipotentorion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. First thing I want to acknowledge, is that if you have a clone/fake Acekard 2 or 2i, then the AKAIO 1.5 firmware will not work. Here is a link to assess whether or not your Acekard is real: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#65

Second, if you update to AKAIO 1.5 on a real Acekard, then M&L BIS will work without a patch (as well as other games, like KH & Scibblenauts), and is recommended to be used with clean roms.

Third, when you update to AKAIO 1.5, aside from replacing the _aio folder on the root of your micro sd card, you also have to replace the akmenu4.nds folder on the root. Basically this is a drag and drop and replace procedure.

Take the contents of the unzipped [7168]AKAIO.1.5 folder and drag them to the root of your micro sd card; easy as that.

This update also includes an updated cheat file. I think a few new games are missing, however. A complete list of issues resolved with AKAIO 1.5 can be found on gbatemp's home page under "last news posts" for the 22nd of September, or here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7168

Hope everything goes smoothly and my advice was helpful.
yaynds.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the case is probably u have a fake ak since fake or clones cant run akaio and will crash
try using the official firmware to see if that works and see if other games work on akaio

reply back after u have tested that out

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so your trying to say that if you have a fake acekard 2i and try updating it to a 1.4 update, it wont work?! WOW. Luckily mine is real (*phew* bought my ak2i from dealextreme.com)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1