AceKard 2i Akaio setup problems

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by KennethNL, Oct 12, 2009.

Oct 12, 2009
  1. KennethNL
    OP

Newcomer KennethNL Member

United States
    Hey all! I'm trying to set up my AceKard 2.1i to work with the Akaio loader. I'm new to all this stuff, and I tried using a step-by-step guide from another website. But this resulted in me being able to boot Akaio and select the games I want to play (Mario & Luigi: BIS and Kingdom Hearts DS), but they won't start up. Also, the USA version of Scribblenauts crashes after the 7th tutorial level.

If somebody could give me a decent step-by-step (or a link to such a guide) to get Akaio and the games stated above to work on my DSi.

Thanks a lot!

2. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
  3. brissmas

Member brissmas GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just a guess but the games might not be working because you dont have the latest loaders. Download from here just choose the ak2/ak2i link.
    http://akaio.gbatemp.net:8080/nloaders/

EDIT: Put the loader in _aio/ak2loader

4. KennethNL
    OP

United States
    I have managed to get AKAIO 1.5 installed now, and it starts up fine. But the games just launch into a white screen. And the site to download the latest loaders doesn't work. Is there any other way to get the games to work?

5. jak larnak

Member jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

France
    Download sd formatter, format your sd card and then reinstall AKAIO 1.5 (the _aio/ folder and the akmenu4.nds file).
    Get the latest loader here and put it in the _aio/loaders folder (not in the _aio/ak2loader folder, it's make for use the official loader in it)
    It should work fine.

6. omnipotentorion

Newcomer omnipotentorion Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys. First thing I want to acknowledge, is that if you have a clone/fake Acekard 2 or 2i, then the AKAIO 1.5 firmware will not work. Here is a link to assess whether or not your Acekard is real: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#65

Second, if you update to AKAIO 1.5 on a real Acekard, then M&L BIS will work without a patch (as well as other games, like KH & Scibblenauts), and is recommended to be used with clean roms.

Third, when you update to AKAIO 1.5, aside from replacing the _aio folder on the root of your micro sd card, you also have to replace the akmenu4.nds folder on the root. Basically this is a drag and drop and replace procedure.

Take the contents of the unzipped [7168]AKAIO.1.5 folder and drag them to the root of your micro sd card; easy as that.

This update also includes an updated cheat file. I think a few new games are missing, however. A complete list of issues resolved with AKAIO 1.5 can be found on gbatemp's home page under "last news posts" for the 22nd of September, or here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7168

Hope everything goes smoothly and my advice was helpful. [​IMG]

7. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    the case is probably u have a fake ak since fake or clones cant run akaio and will crash
    try using the official firmware to see if that works and see if other games work on akaio

reply back after u have tested that out

8. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
  9. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
  10. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    yeh, as of right now the loaders download links are broken
    your going to have to wait for an update

but u can use the one that Yuan has provided

11. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
  12. KennethNL
    OP

United States
    Okey, installed the new loader, and Mario & Luigi works now. Only Kingdom Hearts crashes when loading it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much for all the help to this point.

13. Twilight Loz

Member Twilight Loz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    so your trying to say that if you have a fake acekard 2i and try updating it to a 1.4 update, it wont work?! WOW. Luckily mine is real (*phew* bought my ak2i from dealextreme.com)

14. KennethNL
    OP

United States
    Downloaded the European version of KH and everything works perfectly. Thanks everyone for your help!