OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,

I just bought a used original 3ds just 2 days ago and I'm looking around for some accessories to buy like cases or grips and it seems that there is almost nothing for the original 3ds?!

I just found this set which seems.....okeysh?

https://allegro.pl/oferta/premium-pack-venom-3ds-etui-stylus-sluchawki-na-7158327565

but really what I'm looking for is something like a sleeve to protect the 3ds but also being able to play it and less of a carrying case.
I've seen something like that for 3ds xl but not the original 3ds

and also something like a grip or stick addon or something to make the console easier to hold is also a good idea. I can barely play kid icarus where you have to use the pad,touch screen and the L button at the same time. the L button is right on my index's 2nd knuckle which is hard to press and I keep adjusting my hand in these....weird.....positions and it's just UUUUGGGHH.

so to sum up.

-any case that you use the 3ds while it's on?
-any grip/ "mod"/ "lifehack" to make the 3ds easier and more comfortable to play?
-what do you think about that "venom" set I linked above? it's just 10 euro for case,screen films,2 stylus and earphones

thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most wrote Kid Icarus off as one of those games that even with the stand was something that either had the anatomy to play or did not.

Venom have long made more or less acceptable addons for various consoles. Rarely been anything spectacular and that does not look to deviate from form.

As far as accessories then I don't know how much you will get around here; if it is random addons different games had to do things then that is one thing (see all the various controller options for the original DS that used the GBA slot or other addon methods) but most dismiss this sort of thing other than the occasional vinyl or something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Kid Icarus way back when. I sold it when I hacked my system. I still have the stand/grip though. I couldn't get the hang of using it.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
well I just ordered that venom pack I linked above simply because it's apparently impossible to find any kind of case for the original 3ds......and it does look like good value....we'll see in 2 days when it arrives.

in other news...

glad to see I'm not the only one having problems just holding and playing the system.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I just ordered that venom pack I linked above simply because it's apparently impossible to find any kind of case for the original 3ds......and it does look like good value....we'll see in 2 days when it arrives.

in other news...

glad to see I'm not the only one having problems just holding and playing the system.

yeah, one of my favorite games is dkc returns. I'm an expert at it on the wii/vwii, but it's hard as hell with the 3ds, even without the motion controls. I just feel so clumsy with it, because it seems much more difficult holding the 3ds and playing the game. I didn't have much issue with 3d land as far as platformers go, but dkc returns is quite a bit harder.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
well the venom pack arrived.

case looks solid and it will propably last through a lot of trips,it's a bit difficult to take the 3ds in and out as it's quite snug,the 2 extra stylus are welcome,the screen protectors are both like 1mm longer than they have to so there's a small "tab" you can easily pull out but maybe that was the reason to not fit perfectly? who knows.

oh and the headphones sound like you are in a cave and the sound is coming from the other side of the cave...definetely not very good headphones but better than nothing...

all in all,being the ONLY accessory pack for the original 3ds still on sale....it's quite good! lol

I haven't tried playing any platformers for real yet...enjoying warioware and luigi's mansion right now but from what I've seen the faster paced titles will be quite a struggle to play comfortably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb