1. recgame77

OP recgame77 GBAtemp Regular

Cameroon
    Hi

I fixed an old ps4 that doesnt have a bluray drive, i updated it to 4.74 and now i need to access hen to use the patched NOBD 5.05 tutorial but i cant sign in to PSN and use the browser.

Is there a qick way to launch HEN on PS4 . I tried al-azif ps4 host from User menu guide. but there is no 4.74 payload anymore there only 4.05 and 5.05 :(

Best would be an ESP8266 compatible for 4.74 but the one i found does not work on my esp8266.

Any other idea ?

Best Regrds

2. recgame77

OP recgame77 GBAtemp Regular

Cameroon
    ok i manage to solve it :), the cfwaiu / al-azif methd , enable browser worked, from there i can now use zecoxao.github that works for 4.74.

Leeful likes this.
  3. Destinykid

Destinykid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same problem that you did. I have a broken bluray drive on 4.74. Do you have a link to the method that worked?

4. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    You basically hijack the DNS requests done by the PS4 when accessing the manual web pages and point it to a web server you control, I think all recent HENs patch the system to enable the browser without requiring the PSN sign in.

If you don't want to learn how it works and DIY, use a third party DNS provided by Al-Azif or another scener to run the exploit/jailbreak once then, at next reboot, the browser should be unlocked...

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful, Sep 26, 2020
  5. Destinykid

Destinykid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got it. Thanks! I was able to update to 5.05 but still no luck in updating to 6.72. Are you still on 5.05 or did you update?

Last edited by Destinykid, Sep 26, 2020
  6. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Still on FW 5.05, didn't found a compelling reason to upgrade, on the other hand I'm kinda lazy... ^__~

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - internet, without, browser