Gaming AC2, Borderlands, or The Saboteur?

r0man

OP
Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm stumped. I want each of these games but I only have enough for one. Which do you think is best?

I liked the first Assassin's Creed, from what I've played of The Saboteur I've had fun (despite the horrible framerate on my comp), and Borderlands seems to be awesome from what I've heard.

I'm look for 1) fairly good replay value 2) fun 3) at least a moderately good story

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You changed order from title to thread so go with borderlands, one of the best FPS games for years (dare I say up there with deus ex) with a solid single and multiplayer (system link, live and split screen) while the other two will be floating around for pizza money in a few months.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borderlands for the play length. it is an awesome fun shooter/rpg, but its story is lacking. the action, though, completely makes up for that.

AC2 is simply an excellent experience. but you'll only really play it once. i highly recommend this game, but from the sound of it, you'll want to wait for a price drop.

as for the saboteur, i don't even feel like downloading it at the moment. i heard that the controls (on console at least) are lacking. it does seem intriguing, i'll give it that. but there's enough better stuff that i haven't played yet.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r0man said:
Alright, I'm stumped. I want each of these games but I only have enough for one. Which do you think is best?

I liked the first Assassin's Creed, from what I've played of The Saboteur I've had fun (despite the horrible framerate on my comp), and Borderlands seems to be awesome from what I've heard.

I'm look for 1) fairly good replay value 2) fun 3) at least a moderately good story
Then I suggest you go with Borderlands. Matches your requirements just about. Has a pretty solid multiplayer to keep you occupied for a while.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assassin's Creed 2 for a single player game. For a multiplayer game, go with Borderlands. Borderlands was only fun when I was playing with my friends. The Saboteur is meh...it's an extremely average game. It was trying to hard to be every other game rather than a new gaming experience.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saboteur - Bores quickly
AC2 - Amazing game, not worth the price
Borderlands - The best of the three, but you really need to have freinds who play it too, otherwise it bores quickly.

C

CasperH

You should buy AC2, best game of the year for me
biggrin.gif

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well i dont know about the saboteur, haven't seen or barely heard anything about it.. it was just suddenly in stores here.. but here are my intakes on the other two games i do both own (for ps3, but that shouldnt make a difference)

AC2 - Very AWESOME game indeed, and completing everything to 100% will take some time, so its worth your money although imo it barely has any replay value and it has a decent story to
Borderlands - Very AWESOME indeed
tongue.gif
, but if you want a game with a good story dont go for borderlands because.. well its one of the worst stories in game history
tongue.gif
(even the expansion "zombie island of dr ned" has a better story) but the game itself is fun and can be very addictive (liking fps is a must though) especially if you play it through with some friends (off- or online), which makes it harder as well and more challenging

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got AC2 for xmas from the in-laws a couple of weeks back. Just started getting into it, and i'm loving the hell out of it.

Picked up Borderlands on release day. Wife® and I have been playing it. Addicting as hell. GOTY (possibly longer?) for me.
It's Halo meets Diablo. Yes, i fully stand by that statement.

Haven't played Saboteur at all yet.

So, out of those that i've played:

Borderlands is a must-have for anyone. Fantastic game with some killer DLC coming out. Completely worth the full price, imo.

AC2 is a wonderful game, but i'd wait for the price drop. The sandbox/free run aspect is a lot of fun, but it's not upto the same level as Borderlands.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say go for Borderlands also. Pretty fun game, especially if you intend to play it multiplayer.

The Saboteur has an interesting story. I find it gets dull a bit fast and the gameplay is somewhat lacking.

Can't comment on AC2. Haven't played it yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: