Hacking About Error #001 on vWii...

Dahlia098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to start a custom Wii game on vWii, but in USB Loader GX it would get me Error #001: 'Unauthorized device has been detected'
I tried to play it on WiiFlow, but it got me a black screen.
Later I found out that the game could be played with Hermes' cIOS 222, however those cIOS'es aren't compatible with the vWii, installing them on it will cause a brick.
Is there any way to fix this? btw the game is called Just Dance Unlimited Party (S5UE41).
I use a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB FAT32 USB partition for WiiFlow. It used to be a WBFS partition when I used USB Loader GX, since for some reason, GX can't detect any FAT32 hard drive.

Last edited by Dahlia098,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Dahlia098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I already have that homebrew, and I have the latest USB Loader GX. (BTW I am no more using a flash drive, I use now an actual HDD and returned to use GX.)
SysCheck works fine until it goes detecting IOS4 and I remember it always says something like 'TMD check error on IOS4' and then the program closed immediately...
I actually don't remember touching that IOS but somehow it got corrupted so I don't know what happened neither do I know how to fix it...

Dahlia098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use Kingston 64GB MicroSDXC which I formatted using guiformat to use with both Wii U and vWii. I didn't have experienced any problems with that SD card (not that I know).

Last edited by Dahlia098,

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I tried to start a custom Wii game on vWii, but in USB Loader GX it would get me Error #001: 'Unauthorized device has been detected'
I tried to play it on WiiFlow, but it got me a black screen.
Later I found out that the game could be played with Hermes' cIOS 222, however those cIOS'es aren't compatible with the vWii, installing them on it will cause a brick.
Is there any way to fix this? btw the game is called Just Dance Unlimited Party (S5UE41).
I use a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB FAT32 USB partition for WiiFlow. It used to be a WBFS partition when I used USB Loader GX, since for some reason, GX can't detect any FAT32 hard drive.
I managed to play this game on Wii using usbloader gx with Hermes cios with base iOS 38 or 37+38

Unfortunately jd unlimited party 2.5 isn't compatible with d2x cios like previous update

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna try to find a ≤2GB SD Card then.

Size of the card shouldn't matter honestly. MY Wii U uses a 512GB SDXC card and I have no issue with it in Wii U mode or vWii. Just make sure you format as Fat32, which it sounds like you have. But I use USBLoaderGX and it doesn't have an issue recognizing my larger SD card either. So I'm inclined to think that if you're experiencing the same issue with another SD card, that the problem is not directly tied to the type of SD card you're using. What is the problem though, I really can't say. I will ask, what is the custom game you're trying to launch? The issue may come down to that.

Edit: never mind just found you said Just Dance Unlimited Party. I'll give this a shot tomorrow and report back my findings.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just gave the game a chance, and it loaded without issue. I put the .wbfs file on my USB hard drive (USBLoader GX can't read Wii .wbfs games from SD cards for whatever reason), and then went into USBloaderGX on my vWii, and the title showed up (though for whatever reason it didn't have the animated game banner), I didn't change any of the default settings, loaded the game, and sure enough it worked. Looking up more info on this game, I see that this is a mod of Just Dance 2018/2019 depending on the version and not a real game. It appears that there are multiple versions of this mod, I'm not sure which version I got, but the posting I downloaded from was November 6th 2018, which based on the wiki means I got the first version of the mod. Perhaps later versions don't work, but I can verify that at least the first version does indeed work in the vWii in USBLoader GX.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I just gave the game a chance, and it loaded without issue. I put the .wbfs file on my USB hard drive (USBLoader GX can't read Wii .wbfs games from SD cards for whatever reason), and then went into USBloaderGX on my vWii, and the title showed up (though for whatever reason it didn't have the animated game banner), I didn't change any of the default settings, loaded the game, and sure enough it worked. Looking up more info on this game, I see that this is a mod of Just Dance 2018/2019 depending on the version and not a real game. It appears that there are multiple versions of this mod, I'm not sure which version I got, but the posting I downloaded from was November 6th 2018, which based on the wiki means I got the first version of the mod. Perhaps later versions don't work, but I can verify that at least the first version does indeed work in the vWii in USBLoader GX.
Which version you downloaded,newest is v2.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/o2TO5atI4rU?si=sOlJH6YDAUiakK0U +1