Hacking About blocking discs systems updates with Startpatch

Becko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi , I’m a bit nervous this is my first post ... anyway I have a Wii ver 4.3U with the Homebrew Channel installed (ver IOS58 v24.32) and the Gecko app installed as well to avoid System Updates from bricking my console when playing games like Super Mario Galaxy 2, so far no problems with Gecko

However doing some research I found out that there’s this Startpatch app that can actually block any System Update when using the Disc Channel

So I guess my question is if Starpatch in any way will slowdown the System Menu ? This because I read it makes permanent changes to the flash memory NAND, so to be honest I don’t know what that exactly means to my console ... so I’m curious if it’s worth installing Starpatch to block these discs systems updates or should I stick with Gecko ?

Thanks

Becko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mmm ... I also found about this other app Priiloader which seems to be more popular and less complex

After installation I just press start + reset on the console go to system hacks apply desired changes and done

Becko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well even with 4.3 I would get the system update notice on the Disc Channel ... so just wanted to play safe

At the end I installed Priiloader and it did fixed the issue ! ... so far I think I’m done with hacking my wii, I have customized the console exactly as I wanted

I even have the raphnet adapters to bypass batteries when retro gaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1