Hacking About backports

arfgh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
the question is if actually is known or not if the backports work exactly the same as the non backported updates...
In that case, and if the answer is totally yes, worth to store the backport and the non backported update ?

Demix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents, back ports don't always work. It's why resident evil village is not available.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents, back ports don't always work. It's why resident evil village is not available.
The game came out this year. You cant backport/dump newer games simply b/c we dont have an exploit higher than 7.50
To answer the OP. Yes backports work the same way as non-backported content on lower firmware's
however if the update is also backported towards the backported game your downloading, it will only work for that game specifically.
To the 2nd question = No. Backported content is not compatible to the original dumped game or legit copy.
I agree that backporting games isn't worth the hassle since 7.02 FW is the sweet spot to have most games working released early 2020 without backporting.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Mo Poge

arfgh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
no, what i meant is if worth to have the backported update, and the non backported one. Of course in the case that the backported one works.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game came out this year. You cant backport/dump newer games simply b/c we dont have an exploit higher than 7.50
To answer the OP. Yes backports work the same way as non-backported content on lower firmware's
however if the update is also backported towards the backported game your downloading, it will only work for that game specifically.
To the 2nd question = No. Backported content is not compatible to the original dumped game or legit copy.
I agree that backporting games isn't worth the hassle since 7.02 FW is the sweet spot to have most games working released early 2020 without backporting.
Thanks for your assessment. Not trying to start an argument, but I wonder what the 5.05'ers would say to your 7.02 recommendation?

What are cons of going to 7.02 instead of 5.05? Is it mainly stability?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your assessment. Not trying to start an argument, but I wonder what the 5.05'ers would say to your 7.02 recommendation?

What are cons of going to 7.02 instead of 5.05? Is it mainly stability?
I used to be on 5.05 and despite it being more stable and have reliable homebrew support I switched to 6.72 on my 2nd ps4 simply b/c I got tired of searching the web for backported files and trying to make my own was more of a headache at the time. We had various of ppl in the community making auto backport apps that didnt work properly or if we successfully BP a game it didn't work after you installed it.
My PS4 Pro was on 7.02 ever since the release of FF 7 Remake back in 2020 so I updated it to play it legally b/c I couldn't wait for a Jailbreak(it was formerly on 5.50). luckily for me an exploit was announced a month later and I kept it on that FW ever since.

To answer your question 7.02 doesn't really have that many cons the only 2 it has is SleepMode not working properly
and less new homebrew support compared to 5.05 although the main one I use still work like the Cracked CrunchyRoll app to watch anime on TV.
Now executing the exploit isn't as accurate as 5.05 or 6.72. But what I found out is that if you clear cookies and cache everytime b4 you shutdown your ps4, the next time you try to exploit you'll have a higher success chance rate about 80% for it to work. So basically less time spamming the exploit. Other than that I dont have to worry about backporting alot of games on 7.02 unless they are 7.50 games which has a small number of them.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Mo Poge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-