Hacking A theory on fixing current downgrading problems

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
if you downgrade , at least try to do a nand backup using gateway luncher ....and if you are trying to downgrade o3dsxl i think that soldering 4 wire and have a nand backup is worth , since o3dsxl are easy to mod
also , something that may look stupid , the consolles i tried to downgrade , if the volume is not muted/slider down , it won't let me start downgrading at all

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you downgrade , at least try to do a nand backup using gateway luncher ....and if you are trying to downgrade o3dsxl i think that soldering 4 wire and have a nand backup is worth , since o3dsxl are easy to mod
also , something that may look stupid , the consolles i tried to downgrade , if the volume is not muted/slider down , it won't let me start downgrading at all

People that brick using downgrader are not likely to be people that are going to open up their 3ds into 1000 pieces solder some wires with perfect precision and put it all back together.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept getting that error and I was advised to format. Did I format? God no.

My (o3DS) would always freeze on the press Y to downgrade prompt (about 50 or so times) and in the offchance that it let me initiate it then I would be greeted with the failed CIA info failure (about 15). Somehow booting ftbrony and button mashing B to leave immediately fixed the issue. sysUpdater booted fine, didn't give me an error, and the downgrade was a huge success. This is a somewhat common issue and for anyone who tried once and called it quits should try it some more just in case. Obviously if it doesn't work then it doesn't work but it took me two hours of trying until the damn thing actually attempted a downgrade.

Anyone curious about my specs for troubleshooting reasons: 9.9U, Ironhax + Menuhax, ftbrony from most recent starter.zip (had to reinstall because I changed to the non pony client).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: