Hacking A question on kernel access O3DS

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have an O3ds running 9.2. I have setup rxtools emunand and everything works just fine. I want to run emulators, but I keep hearing that I need kernel access to get any real speed out of them. How exactly would I setup kernel access? I don't have cubic ninja, the iron game, or youtube on sysnand. Please help!!!

Thank you!

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You already have it. To run CFWs, you need to have kernel access. The exploits used to run stuff like that rely on having that kind of access.
Any console up to 9.2 is capable of running exploits with kernel access.

Reactions: BeastMode6

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if I installed the retroarch cores via fbi on emunand then that is the best performance I can get or do I need to get ninjhax on sysnand?

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you! Do you know which cores are actually playable on o3ds?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried genesis gx and on streets of rage 2 got like 30 fps

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think I'll play around with the cores for a little bit and see what kinds of framer ates I can get. On a separate note, every time I go into emunand I have to unbox everything and it's freakin annoying, is there anyway to keep everything unboxed?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok I think I'll play around with the cores for a little bit and see what kinds of framer ates I can get. On a separate note, every time I go into emunand I have to unbox everything and it's freakin annoying, is there anyway to keep everything unboxed?

That's due to your sysnand and emunand being linked. You'll need to unlink them.
To unlink them, you can either format sysnand or format emunand through the system settings.

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you recommend formatting sysnand over emunand? I don't wanna format emunand because I have a ton of saves and such. I also thought if you formatted it would force you to update, and the day that I update this thing past 9.2 will be the day it gets put on sale, or traded to my friend for a psp at least.

Edit: Also all I have on sysnand is 4 swords anniversary, not a huge loss for me.

Last edited by BeastMode6,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Would you recommend formatting sysnand over emunand? I don't wanna format emunand because I have a ton of saves and such. I also thought if you formatted it would force you to update, and the day that I update this thing past 9.2 will be the day it gets put on sale, or traded to my friend for a psp at least.

Edit: Also all I have on sysnand is 4 swords anniversary, not a huge loss for me.

That would be my recommendation, yeah. Just format sysnand. It's also what I did.
Just remember to take out the SD card from the console first so that it doesn't get formatted as well.
And updating requires a internet connection because of checking the NNID but it doesn't update so don't worry.

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok one last question: I have the latest firmware.bin can i upgrade emunand to 10.1?

Edit: Just noticed that before formatting sysnand my custom theme was on both emu and sys at the same time. Now when I change it in emunand it doesn't change in sysnand. Did I unlink them correctly?

Last edited by BeastMode6,

BeastMode6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!! My boxes are all gone now! Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it! That's all I have for you, so a mod can lock/delete this thread, whatever you guys do. (Don't hate, I'm new here!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.