A Question about Storage Requirements

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mikeyt1998, Sep 22, 2016.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    Edit: posted in the wrong forum! Sorry, please move to the appropriate one XD

A guy at work just came to me and asked about which PS3 would be the best choice for his 8 year old son.

He said he only really wants to play minecraft and watch YouTube videos on it. I've never had a PS or Xbox but have reason to believe they're all the same spec, just different amounts of storage, right?

I imagine that he'll only need a basic model with the lowest storage to play minecraft and never run out of space but thought I'd confirm with people more in the know about Sony's console than me hahaha

Cheers!

Last edited by mikeyt1998, Sep 22, 2016
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    Correct they have all the same specs, if it's just one game, I think there is the ultra slim with 12 gb storage, it is enough..
    They can always upgrade it later with a recovered hdd from a dead laptop or something, it's a standard 2.5' hdd

3. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    Great info Migles, thank you!

I just told him to go for the cheapest he could find in that case to save himself some money :)