A question about oothax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Perska, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Perska
    OP

Perska Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    Finland
    So tubehax got recently patched, and now I have two exploits left: ironhax and browserhax. I could install themehax but then I can't use themes. So I'm asking some questions about oothax:
    1. Can I install the exploit on a certain save slot, like master quest slot 2? I haven't tested the installer because I'm afraid that I will overwrite some important data.
    2. How I really should backup my game data? I didn't test svdt on oot3D yet.
    3. Can I install the hack without losing my gamedata for the other slots?
    4. Some stuff I managed to forget.
    Its just meant to be a backup in case ironhax and/or browserhax get patched.

2. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    1. You can put it on the save slot you desire, but it will matter little as you won't likely be able to start a game even if it seems there are blank save slots. This is because at this time, the exploit uses up most of the save data when it's installed.
    2. svdt or save manager should work fine. Just open either one up and follow the instructions (There should be a prompt telling you which button to press to backup). MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT BACK UP ANY OTHER GAME AFTER THIS. The reason is because backing up another game save while you have OOT saved *may* overwrite your save file.
    3. You cannot install the hack without having to wipe your data first. This is why you're asked to backup your save file if you care about it before doing that.
    4. kk

Also I would suggest you try themehax(AKA Homemenuhax) too, that way you have another hax in the event that something else is patched. Being redundant is safer IMO.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Oct 15, 2015
  3. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    You can actually play regular game on slot 1 and hax installed on slot 3. No more saves allowed.
    Oot3d saves is separated to three files which called save00.bin, save01.bin and save02.bin. AFAIK You can rename save files and it will change it slot so if you have more then one save slot already you can backup and wipe them, then install hax. Inject your backuped save to extra slot by renaming and use svtd if you want. So you can swap them whenever you want.