A question about games with updates

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dteyn, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. Dteyn
    OP

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    When a game has an update partition, is the user always consulted first before the update takes place? Or does the update proceed automatically, bricking the console in the process (if the region differs)?

I realize WiiBrickBlocker removes the update partition, but I'm wondering what happens when the update partition is left on. Is the update automatic, or is the user required to confirm the update before it installs?

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    If you press Off on your Wii, it will not update, but you can't play the game, it will always ask, so They (Nintendo) have been warn you that if you did an "Unauthorized Modifications" don't do the update, run for your screwdriver and pull out your chip (or your homebrew) before doing the update

3. Dteyn
    OP

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    That seems reasonable, so long as it doesn't automatically brick the Wii by updating with another region's software without asking. It makes sense that the game would not run without updating. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't update and (possibly) brick automatically without a chance to opt out of the process.

Thanks for the quick reply!