A little paranoid about WiiConnect24

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008
  1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    Sometime ago I did read that Ninty could update your console automatically from WiiConnect24 to disable hacks from the system, since then I become a little paranoid about the subject and disable WC24, the problem is that the news channel takes forever to update news when WC24 is disabled, other annoyance is not to know when you recive a new message from your friends (pretty usefull for Metroid Prime 3 vouchers trade)

So it´s really factible that Ninty goes that way? I put WC24 on and just get a update notification... maybe Ninty just want scare us, or they´re waiting we down our guard and then BANG! bye HBC?

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I think that if you delete the Nintendo Channel you are going to be fine, I have only off the standby mode, WiiC24 is on..!! [​IMG]

3. CIJC

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    ROFL xD 'Nintendo stealth ninja attacks'

nah dont worry about it... as long as you aren't on 3.4, and havent accepted the new terms... you are safe [​IMG]

so take a deep breath... and stop worrying about those stealth ninja wii attacks [​IMG]

4. stephan

Newcomer stephan Newbie

United States
    What?? did i read well? so now Nintendo can install on ours wii's a software through wii connect? if that's the case i'm pretty f*cked.

5. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    If you pirate, Nintendo will sell our children's organs to zoos for meat, and they'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!

DON'T PIRATE!!

Nintendo added to the TOS if you update to 3.4... if you DO update to 3.4, and have WiiConnect24 on, Nintendo can install system patches to your console without making you agree every time.

I think the first time they start to do this, and someone turns off their console, and it bricks, Nintendo will get sued, and that part of the TOS will be erased, and free replacements all around!