seryser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

Ive got 2 questions.

1. Is there a Wad Manager 1.3 Channel available that is nota redirect?

and

2. Is there a Way to close the WBFS partition to another hard drive? I want to make 1 for me and 1 for my sister and just clone them when i have new games installed on mine.

thaks a bunch..

PS : i tried searching but any seaches i make turn up too many useless results.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Not as far as I am aware but I have to ask why; it is not as though you can do anything without the SD card at which point you might as well have the 500K in there.

2) Kind of, I noticed a FUSE module for WBFS earlier today (basically meaning you could mount the drives in linux as normal drives). You could use this to I assume that is supposed to say clone the drives (either with software which should not care what filesystem exists as long as it is supported or even a simple copy and paste). This is linux only for now but I was considering hacking on support in something like http://ext2fsd.sourceforge.net/ (note this does nothing for you right now) or making a liveCD version of linux (was going to go with puppy linux) geared towards the wii (wine seems to work with most of the apps that matter).
Your request is quite far from the general realms of such things though.

seryser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your Input,

the reason why i want to have the channel is Because i always forget to have my darn SD card int he Wii..

and ofr the second one, i might not need to lcone the drive but copy the files fromt his drive to another type thing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still do not see the need for wad manager (unless it added network support since I last checked), if you want something to remove things then anytitle deleter had a few mods of late to add a database of all known files so you can easily tell what it what and what.

FUSE support for WBFS makes it like a normal drive meaning you can do normal things to it. This includes copying data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello