Hacking A few possible solutions to people who get code dumps

Darkzero51521

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing around with code dumps a lot. Generally, when you get a code dump, your USB drive is compatible, there's just something that's stopping it from working.

I get seemingly random code dumps with my 16gb Deisel USB Flash drive..But after a while i started seeing patterns.

Here's a list of things to try out that may work. If none of them work, i'm sorry..I'm just trying to help with the ones that I do know, and I don't think there's much else I can do passed this point.

-First off, code dumps seemed to happen a LOT less on 3.2u than it did on 4.0. I'm not telling you to downgrade, it's just an observation.

-Try switching USB ports, this actually works a lot of the time. For me, the top USB port doesn't work for any USB drive.

-Try running a disk check or diagnostics on windows to check for corrupted sectors.

-Either disable or enable Wiiconnect24.

-Make sure there is absolutely no gamecube controllers or gamecube memory cards connected.

This one's important, because i've been taking my Wii apart and putting it back together over and over so i have alot of experience with it.->
-If you've previously dismantled your Wii, make sure that the wire on the left side of the DVD drives control board is firmly connected, and the strip connecting the DVD drive to the mobo is firmly connected as well.

-Make sure that there is no other USB device connected.

I'll edit this post if i find anything else guys ^-^

_Civilian_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another reason why people are getting Code Dumps, is if they delete a game off of the Hard Disk Drive that they have. It seems to make the next game that was installed, after the "Code Dumped" one, to be affected.

Therefore if you delete a game, hopefully the one you installed after it is a game that you don't see yourself playing at all. Or you have to reinstall all the games that you own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    this new xenforo version keeps logging me out, whyh
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    not sure. I haven't had that issue. the only computer related issue I've been having is with my isp and the smtp server getting authentication errors randomly. I'm going to have to call them again. this started happening again after changing my password.
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like this for random people, including myself. that will prevent being logged out or it did anyway.
    Gift
    godreborn @ godreborn: you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like...