Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm kinda going back and forth with 8bitdo support in an email, but I don't really think they understand what I'm asking, so I'll try asking here.

I have one of those 8bitdo wireless controller adapters. They're mainly advertised for Switch (and now the PS classic) but they're configured to work on pc as well. I use it for my switch pro controller and my ps4 controller. it can do 3 output modes : dinput, which windows shows as "8bitdo receiver", xinput, which windows shows as "xbox 360 controller for windows", and what they call mac mode, but what shows as "wireless controller" and seems to emulate the DUALSHOCK 4 USB Wireless Adaptor. All three inputs work, but only xinput mode has rumble, and since xinput is much more commonly supported opposed to dinput, i tend to keep my controllers set to that. However, i've noticed in some situations, notably epsxe and dolphin, it doesnt want to recognize the controller basically at all. those emulators both work fine with my xbox one controller, but not with the 8bitdo adapter in xinput mode.

So, what I want to know is if anyone knows a workaround, or if there's any way to get the buttons to work in xinput in dolphin and such. It's worth noting, I haven't really tested much, but it works in xinput mode with retroarch and resident evil 4.

I'd be more than happy to provide any examples, or whatever, that'd help get this figured out, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...